Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
BF Goodrich Long Trail tires Forums > > BF Goodrich Long Trail tires BF Goodrich Long Trail tires
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 04-19-2009, 08:01 AM
mkeith07

Default BF Goodrich Long Trail tires

My 07 has 27,500 miles on it. About 6 months ago I had taken it in because of abnormal tire wear. At first they said they were over inflated, I always have them at 35psi and I was even lowering the psi but then I was having to look at my tpms light. My Nissan dealership finally said that they had seen some problems with these tires wearing out faster than normal on the Frontiers and the wear was the same, it was like the tire was over inflated when it really wasn't, the center tread was smooth. I called BF Goodrich and asked them what their spec was on the tire inflation, they said 35psi for my truck, I explained to them what was going on and BF Goodrich was very courtious. I took my truck to Discount Tire and they measured the treads that were left and called BF Goodrich with the wear measurements. I ended up getting a 35% refund on each tire and put that towards a new and better set of tires. They recommended Michelin LTX M/S tires and I went with them. We'll see how these tires do. They look good and ride nicely so far.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2006 Altima

My truck is a 03, the firstr set of long trails got 87,000 on them. The second set got 105,000. I now have 20,000 on the new set which have undergone a tread pattern change. They do show some cupping starting.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Boomer

I have 17,000 miles on my Long Trails on a 2007 fronty. They look and handle like new and I have run them over 250 miles at speed on gravel looging roads in canada on a hunting trip. So far, VERY pleased.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

Just talked to a friend last nite with a 07 frontier that only got about 27k on his and they were completely worn out! He does however pull a 2 axle trailer almost every day.I can't say for sure that that may have been the issue or not.I have 31,000+ and wear is very good so far.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:47 AM
southernoutcast

I have an 06 Frontier SE and right now have 64K on my set of original BFG's and probably can get another 10k if I want. But I am researching replacements for them. But they have been very good tires.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Mattathesis

If I am not mistaken..Nissan changed the recommended tire pressure for the Frontier from 35 lbs. to 33 lbs. As far as the Long Trail tires I have gone thru two sets of these tires and don't care for them. However, that's mostly because I like a more agressive street tire in a 265/70/15. I much prefer the feel and the handling of the Yokohama ATA Geolander in the same size. I feel it's a much better tire to fit my style of driving considering I like a curvy paved road even though I drive an XE DR. As far as mileage goes their a 60K tire like the Long Trail is. 45K to 50K average for me on the Yoko's. I guess I should mention I also have front and rear Helwig sway bars and Bilsteins all around which makes for a huge improvment in handling.

Tags
bf goodrich, tires, wear