Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
profile editing difficulties Forums > > profile editing difficulties profile editing difficulties
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Forum Feedback, Suggestions and General Usage Nissanhelp.com feedback, suggestions and general usage information. How to download manuals or post questions.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:30 AM
2008 Altima Coupe
2001 Frontier

Default profile editing difficulties

Hi
I just tried to edit my profile...models and years specifically....and it seems to be limited in space. Previously I had listed my models as "maxima/altima/frontier/D21/210" now after me messing around it cuts off at "maxima/altima/fronti" about the same happens to the years (previously "95/04/98/85.5/80" now "95/04"). I was trying to add another model and year to the list, but noooo:(. Now, instead, I've lost some.
Dave
Old 08-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

I tried to added too, but it seems that the program is not accepting more than 20 characters. I'll try to added to your signature but you have to activated.

Last edited by NissanTech; 07-13-2020 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:13 PM
2008 Altima Coupe
2001 Frontier

OK... so I'll use my signature space for the models
Old 09-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast
1996 Truck

Angry I am a subscribed member

Yet, I can NOT get my signature to post, on another V-Bullentin forum, when I edit my signature, it will change it on every post and thread I have started or replied to, no matter how old. Now it does not even show up, what is up?

Still not showing up in older threads, even ones commented on today. ???? Just this one. ?????

Last edited by JatMat; 09-11-2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Just showed up, never mind. :)
Old 09-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatMat View Post
Yet, I can NOT get my signature to post, on another V-Bullentin forum, when I edit my signature, it will change it on every post and thread I have started or replied to, no matter how old. Now it does not even show up, what is up?

Still not showing up in older threads, even ones commented on today. ???? Just this one. ?????
Fixed. Thanks for letting us now.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:12 AM
Enthusiast
1996 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
Fixed. Thanks for letting us now.

Still not showing on old threads, unless it is the thread starter, just this morning I added another question on my quest for Weapon R intakes and the signature did not show, it does show in the first post of the thread I started.

However, when I clicked on the number of the post so I could give you a current example the signature showed up, but it does not show when viewing the entire thread. Boy, am I confused. Three other forums other than this one using V-Bulletin and none of them act this way.

Last edited by JatMat; 09-12-2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Once edited it showed up, boy oh boy.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
Still not showing on old threads, unless it is the thread starter, just this morning I added another question on my quest for Weapon R intakes and the signature did not show, it does show in the first post of the thread I started.
That's another issue. We modified vbulletin to show the signature only once per thread. The problem was that some users have a very long signatures with photos and a bunch of other things, and we didn't wanted to show the same signature 20 times in the same thread.

As you can see our forums don't have much advertising, only one at top and one at the bottom, but the idea is to not confuse the users. Other forums have a bunch advertising on side, top, inside the posts, on signatures, almost everywhere (I hate the links inside the posts) in order to confuse and deceive the users. Also, all those links and advertisings makes the forum to clutter and users cant find the information. We prefer our forums clean with less signatures and advertisings.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Enthusiast
1996 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
That's another issue. We modified vbulletin to show the signature only once per thread. The problem was that some users have a very long signatures with photos and a bunch of other things, and we didn't wanted to show the same signature 20 times in the same thread.

As you can see our forums don't have much advertising, only one at top and one at the bottom, but the idea is to not confuse the users. Other forums have a bunch advertising on side, top, inside the posts, on signatures, almost everywhere (I hate the links inside the posts) in order to confuse and deceive the users. Also, all those links and advertisings makes the forum to clutter and users cant find the information. We prefer our forums clean with less signatures and advertisings.
I like the cleaner approach as well, one forum I was on regularly did not allow ads or links to other sale sites. Folks got banned when caught. Large pictures are also distracting. No problem for me here with just the first post, I just did not understand the difference. Thanks for all your time and help.

Tags
difficulties, editing, profile