Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hatchback stopped opening Forums > > Hatchback stopped opening Hatchback stopped opening
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Versa Nissan Versa Discussion Forum

Old 12-27-2020, 06:00 PM
2010 Versa

Smile Hatchback stopped opening

Hi Everyone,

I own a 2010 Nissan Versa. All of the sudden one day the hatchback button stopped working. I did a lot of reading and watching videos and decided to replace the passenger door actuator. I did that today and was very excited to see when I was done that all the doors still locked and unlocked as they should with my fab.

I walked to the back and pushed the button on the hatchback and nothing, dead just like before I replaced the actuator.

I decided to try a hail Mary and connected a ground on the hatchback lock mechanism. To my amazement the button now worked.

I closed the hatchback and went to the passenger door, locked it with the door control on the inside door handle and closed it. I used the fab and unlocked it (pushing the fab at least 2 ties) and tried to open the door and it wouldn't open.

After locking and unlocking, walking around the car, crawling in and out of the car trying all doors I discovered that the hatchback button will work and the passenger door will open if the car has been locked????

I would like to know how to fix this so I can lock my car.... Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.

Tags
actuator, hatchback, opening, passenger door