Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
A/C stops blowing - freezing up Forums > > A/C stops blowing - freezing up A/C stops blowing - freezing up
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 07-12-2018, 05:56 AM
2014 Rogue

Smile A/C stops blowing - freezing up

I have a 2014 Nissan Rogue that I bought last year with 22,000 miles on it. Since day 1 the a/c works for a while the stops blowing air and the lines freeze up. I bought the car at a Buick dealership and I brought it back 7 times in a 1 year span and they would try and try to fix it but never got it right. They contacted local Nissan dealerships every time I brought it in and no one had a solution to fix it. Finally the Buick dealership found that a new part number came out for the evaporator box and they called Balise Nissan in West Springfield, MA and spoke to the head mechanic who thought that the new part was a good idea to use and they replaced it. I have taken 2 trips since it was replaced and each trip was at least 250 miles and it appears to be working. So, if you are having the same issues try this solution.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:14 AM
Enthusiast
2017 Pathfinder
2017 Pathfinder SV

Freeze up usually means either bad airflow (blockage of air over the cooling coils) or low Freon. Guessing you have a Freon leak.

Last edited by eruby; 07-13-2018 at 07:42 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-13-2018, 07:28 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Usually when it does it from day one, the thermistor (also called "thermal amp") needs to be relocated in it's position in the evaporator core and/or it needs to be replaced. It's job is to cut the current to the compressor clutch when the evaporator core gets too cold. Nissan had similar issues on other, earlier models and released tech bulletins instructing to re-locate the thermistor into another location, but I'm not sure if one was ever released for the Rogue.

Tags
a/c, blowing, freezing, stops