Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
ID Code Entry for a new key remote??? Forums > > > ID Code Entry for a new key remote??? ID Code Entry for a new key remote???
Forgot Password? Join Us!

DIY Request Request a Do-It-Yourself project here.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:32 AM
1999 Altima SE-R

Default ID Code Entry for a new key remote???

Hey guys,
I lost one of my remote keys for my Nissan, so I went and bought a replacement. So far, so good.

I am having trouble programming the new key, and also concerned about the lost key still working. The DIY instructions here are clear enough, except I get stuck when I have to enter the ID code. Where in the world do i type it in, let alone know what it looks like.

I spoke to my local dealer here in the SFV and they want $120 to program it. They new remote key was only $30.

Need your help!

Cheers,
Peter
Old 04-28-2016, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Your 1999 Nissan Altima don't have NVIS (NISSAN VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM) system, so you don't need to reprogram the "Key", just need to reprogram the "Remote Control" (Or Key Fob).

Instructions to reprogram the Key Fob here: Nissan Vehicles Remote Key Fob Reprogramming Procedure | Nissanhelp.com

Quote:
except I get stuck when I have to enter the ID code
No need to do anything there, the phrase just means that is entering in a reprogramming mode. If you continue with the instructions, by pressing the remote you are entering the code.

Last edited by NissanTech; 04-28-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:51 PM
2009 Altima Sedan

I've another problem with our 2009 Altima. we purchased an iKey and attempted to have it programmed by a locksmith. The attempt was unsuccessful. The tech said his computer was saying there was a problem with the car's module and after several attempts was unable to program the fob. this model does not have an ignition cylinder. any suggestions? we're leary of taking it to a dealer 1st they want 120 to program the fob, but if they can't do it for the same reason, they'll want to replace this module. any ideas what the module part id is would help as well.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsedor View Post
I've another problem with our 2009 Altima. we purchased an iKey and attempted to have it programmed by a locksmith. The attempt was unsuccessful. The tech said his computer was saying there was a problem with the car's module and after several attempts was unable to program the fob. this model does not have an ignition cylinder. any suggestions? we're leary of taking it to a dealer 1st they want 120 to program the fob, but if they can't do it for the same reason, they'll want to replace this module. any ideas what the module part id is would help as well.
Did they say what module is the bad one? do they have a code? just because they can't reprogram the key, doesn't mean that the module is bad. My only suggestion is to have the dealer try to reprogram the key. Programming the key is not easy, sometimes even with the factory tools it's difficult.

Tags
code, entry, key, remote