Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Installing OEM 7 min trailer wiring harness on a 2005 pathfinder Forums > > Installing OEM 7 min trailer wiring harness on a 2005 pathfinder Photo Installing OEM 7 min trailer wiring harness on a 2005 pathfinder
Forgot Password? Join Us!

DIY Projects Do-It-Yourself Projects

Old 08-04-2016, 09:56 AM
2008 Pathfinder

Perhaps you can help me. I am just ready to do this 4 pin to 7 pin conversion on my 2008 Nissan Pathfinder. I purchased the missing relay as suggested as well. The only thing that seems different from all the pics and descriptions is the factory harness I just received has an extra 2 pin harness attached to it. Not sure where it would go or if it is even needed. If I can figure out how to post a pic in here, I will. Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocotim View Post
This posting was extremely helpful. Thank you dsm0274 for the description and pictures. I just finished a round 7-way towing harness installation on a 2008 Pathfinder, and this posting helped make it an easy project. The only extra step I had to take was to install a towing relay to activate the full functionality of the 7-way plug, specifically the charge wire.

There are two towing relays under the hood near the battery. The first one was already installed (presumably to activate the running lights and signal for the existing 4-pin towing harness). The second one was not installed, so I had to order that (Part number: 25230-7996A, $38) and install it to get the charge wire to work.

Here are a couple pics.

Tim
Boulder, CO
Old 05-17-2017, 10:12 PM
2005 Pathfinder

Here I'm hoping that someone tells me what do with my 05 pathfinder. To activate trailer lights I have ordered part# 118266 and they told there is 12pin connector which I have checked both drivers and passengers side kick panel couldn't locate it.

Appreciate your support here of what steps I have to take now to get my right signal light and break working?
Old 06-27-2019, 08:34 AM
2009 Pathfinder

Do you know where to find information on required relays for OEM harnesses?

Tags
2005, harness, installing, min, oem, pathfinder, relay, trailer, trailer wiring, wiring