Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
VDC off and slip light on Forums > > > VDC off and slip light on VDC off and slip light on
Forgot Password? Join Us!

cube Nissan Cube Discussion Forum

Old 07-05-2019, 05:10 AM
2009 Cube
2017 Sentra

Exclamation VDC off and slip light on

I've had several instances of the "VDC off" and "slip light" on. When this happens, the car simply loses power (no matter how hard I push the accelerator, it is not going any faster). My only option is to put on the flashers, pull over, put the Cube in park, and turn it off.

When I turn it back on, the lights are off, but the Service Engine Soon (SES) light is on. When I take it to the only auto techs I have available, there is no error code. The tech clears the SES light, drove it around for 20 minutes trying to replicate the problem without success.

I am on a "Caribbean island" with heat and humidity and only get mail about twice a week, so specialty (and sometimes even regularly stocked) auto parts are hard to come by.

Any advice for what I should tell the tech to check for? My first thought was I have a bad sensor somewhere, but that should show up as an error code, right? Then the next is that the heat and humidity are causing problems with wiring, so check the wiring. But what wiring should be checked?

Thanks in advance for considering this problem!
Old 07-06-2019, 09:58 AM
2009 Cube
2017 Sentra

The DTC associated with this is P2138 "Wrong app sensor rationality signal." I am being encouraged to replace the accelerator pedal position sensor, however, I'm concerned that this may not be the entire issue. I'm looking for feedback on whether the DTC and its solution fits with the symptoms I listed with the VDC Off and Slip light on.

Tags
light, slip, vdc