Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Cube CVT warranty.........no! Forums > > > Cube CVT warranty.........no! Cube CVT warranty.........no!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

cube Nissan Cube Discussion Forum

Old 11-08-2013, 11:27 AM
2010 Cube
2010 Sentra
2010 Sentra, Cube

Default Cube CVT warranty.........no!

I strongly suspect that my Cube CVT trans is "slipping" at low speeds. It seems totally normal above 40 mph. The Cube has appx 70,000 miles on it. I am comparing the Cubes "slipping feel" to a 2010 Sentra we own and there is a major difference. I took my Cube to the local Nissan dealer to get their opinion and left the Cube overnight. I recieved a call and email telling me that my Cube had been wrecked (fenderbender type) and a wreck voids the CVT warranty! Whats up with that? The service tech noted that the transmission is making a terrible noise from the wreck and needs to be replaced for $3000++. I am a professional heavy equipment mechanic my self and the noise he describes is actually a exhaust rattle noise,wth? I'm actually quite dissapointed by this turn of events . I love my Nissans but this changes things. ....there I got my rant out. Does anybody on this site care? probably not!
Old 11-08-2013, 02:52 PM
2015 Rogue

The dealer can't cancel the warranty, only Nissan can and only if the vehicle was totaled in a collision. The CVT warranty on that vehicle is 10 years or 120,000 miles.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:11 AM
2010 Cube
2010 Sentra
2010 Sentra, Cube

Thanks for a reply.
My Cube does not have a "salvage or repaired/rebuilt title". I knew when I bought my Cube used, that it had been involved in a "fender bender" type accident. It appeared to have some of the front plastic replaced and repaired. It appears to have a new radiator, kind of like a typical front end light crash. Prehaps the previous owner "rear ended" someone? Before I bought my Cube, I did a carfax, I put the Cube on a lift and inspected the front inner fender structure and firewall area, myself, for wrinkles, bends, welds, cracks, or anyother type of repair - there was no indication of any damage, except for some plastic fastners/rivets missing. I did find that the downstream oxy. sensor was missing (that was my first post). My Cube actually runs and drives very good except for the "slippage".
I realized when I posted this that I was kind of "Flaming" my local dealer, and I havent mentioned their name. I didnt take this lightly because I am in the mobile/heavy equipment repair service myself. I did not realize that the dealer could void warranty if they discovered crash damage.
I wonder how I could find out if Nissan voided the CVT warranty?
Old 11-26-2013, 01:47 PM
G47

call nissan consumer affairs
(800)647-7261
Old 12-03-2013, 05:11 AM
2010 Cube
2010 Sentra
2010 Sentra, Cube

Thanks G47,
I called consumer affairs this morning and they confirmed that they have my cube vin listed as a "branded" vin.
I suppose this resolves my post
Nissan consumer affairs said their "system" was down at the time of my call but they will follow through and call me back when they are back "up" with a reason that my vin was "branded". I appreciate that.
I live in Kentucky and even though some might consider us to be the junk yard of the nation, the state has tightened up auto registrations/titling rules to a very strict level in the past 10 years or so. As a mechanic I have personally bought and repaired a couple of "rebuildable" light wreck cars. I had to submit detailed forms/pics to the capitol (Frankfort) to get my titles changed from "salvage" to "repaired" title, so I am familar with "branded" titles. The title on my Cube is not "branded" on the paper copy that I posess.
Somewhere down the line I suppose the 2010 Cube was salvaged then repaired without title updating......just my luck....I should have suspected that a 2010 Cube for $7000 was a con job.
If I bought a CVT trans from a junk yard would it just be "plug and play"?
Old 12-04-2013, 07:26 AM
2010 Cube
2010 Sentra
2010 Sentra, Cube

FYI, if any one cares.
Nissan Consumer Affairs did contact me at home and explained the nature of the "branded" title. It turns out the "brand" is not due to a wreck but a mileage discrepancie on the odometer reading. Nissan told me that if I can contact the Ky DMV and get the brand removed they will restore my CVT warranty. Thats fair treatment.

Tags
cube, cvt, warrantyno