Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Just bought a used Cube with no oxy sensor Forums > > > Just bought a used Cube with no oxy sensor Just bought a used Cube with no oxy sensor
Forgot Password? Join Us!

cube Nissan Cube Discussion Forum

Old 08-01-2013, 05:32 AM
2010 Cube
2010 Sentra
2010 Sentra, Cube

Question Just bought a used Cube with no oxy sensor

Hi all,
I just bought a used Nissan Cube. I am very happy with my Cube but when I got home and began checking it over for a exhaust noise I found that the previous owner had removed the cat convertor and made up and installed a exhaust pipe from the eng manifold to the muffler with no provision for a oxy sensor and no flex pipe. The vehicle wiring harness is present and it appears that the previous owner just un plugged the oxy sensor. I have already ordered a new OE exhaust pipe and oxy sensor and will install it as soon as I recieve it.
What I am wondering is how is the engine running without the oxy sensor?
There are no "check engine" lights on. I assumed that if the oxy sensor was unplugged that the "check engine" light would be on and probably a DTC would be set.
can I get some feed back?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:15 AM
2010 Cube
2010 Sentra
2010 Sentra, Cube

Default no oxy sensor

Ok, I'll partially answer my own question, I realize that the eng will operate only in open loop, but shouldnt there be a code set? (check eng light on)
I guess the reason I'm confused here is because there is no check eng and the little 1.8L starts and runs perfect. I bought it in Louisville, Ky and drove it home 130 miles and it got VERY good gas mileage and runs VERY good.
I suppose I shouldnt worry about a problem that has no symptoms?
Old 08-21-2013, 05:57 AM
2010 Cube
2010 Sentra
2010 Sentra, Cube

Default Resolved ?

I installed a new cat converter down pipe and downstream oxy sensor in my Cube about a week ago.
My Cube is at our local Nissan dealer today having the CVT trans serviced and calibrated (if possible) and they are going to read DTCs and print me a copy then clear all DTCs. We noticed the trip odometers move much faster that the main odometer so the dealer is going to check if they are set to kilometers. We are going to have a new "keyless" key made (I only got one with the Cube).
My point is - there was never a "check eng" light displayed for the cat convert problem, maybe I'll see some sensor errors in the DTC printout today? We'll see?
I never recieved a comment reguarding the "check eng" light so I'll assume no one cares so I'll mark this comment.......resolved!

Tags
bought, cube, oxy, sensor