Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2008 maxima cvt question. Forums > > 2008 maxima cvt question. 2008 maxima cvt question.
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Classifieds - For Sale Post your Nissan related "for sale" items here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 04:33 PM
2008 Maxima
2001 Frontier

Default 2008 maxima cvt question.

Hello,

My 2008 maxima is about to turn over 100k and I wanted to have a complete flush of the cvt, however I was doing some research and found a part on the cvt called " Filter Assy Oil Auto Trans" with Nissan part number 31726-A34001. My question is, is this an actual filter that needs to be replaced, or not. I looked up that part at courtesy Nissan online.
Thanks
Old 10-11-2013, 01:36 PM
G47

Nissan does not say anything in service manual about doing a "flush" its a drain and fill. flushing transmission fluid on older cars can damage the transmission.

try to look and see if you see a filter on you car now, it will be on the left side of the transmission
Old 10-11-2013, 05:21 PM
2008 Maxima
2001 Frontier

Took the car to the dealership on Monday to get an idea of what needs to be done as it is at 100k. The dealership recommended a full CVT flush and refill. Requires 14 quarts of NS2 fluid, and says that the filter is never changed. I do have the filter that is circled in your diagram.
Closed Thread

Tags
2008, cvt, maxima, question