Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan Repair in Los Angeles - Non-Dealer Forums > > Nissan Repair in Los Angeles - Non-Dealer Nissan Repair in Los Angeles - Non-Dealer
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Need a mechanic in you area?

Old 02-20-2013, 11:58 PM
2004 Murano

Default Nissan Repair in Los Angeles - Non-Dealer

I was recently told by the dealer that the transmission control module in my 04 Murano SL 2WD has to be replaced. They said the code was P1701

The CVT was replaced by the same dealer about a year (5k miles) ago.

They asked for about $1000k to replace it, and unfortunately it is not covered under the CVT warranty.

I don't really trust the dealer. They were supposed to reprogram the TCM (I think there is a Nissan service bulletion about this. Whenever the CVT is touched, TCM has to be reprogrammed) after replacing the CVT. Apparently they did not do that.

Could anyone suggest a non-dealer Nissan repair shop in Los Angeles that can replace this with a used or aftermarket product?

As I read in the forums, it seems like the TCM has to be reprogrammed after being replaced. I don't want to go back to the dealer to get that done.

I want to find a repair shop that can do TCM programming, so that I don't have to go back to the dealer for the programming.

Last edited by faraclit; 02-21-2013 at 12:00 AM.

Tags
angeles, los, nissan, nondealer, repair