Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Battery Drain? Forums > > Battery Drain? Battery Drain?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

AutoCodes.com AutoCodes.com Forum - Engine Light OBDII Questions

Old 01-22-2018, 10:16 AM
2006 Murano

Default 2006 Nissan Murano Battery Drain

My son has a 2006 Nissan Murano AWD. The car won't start, but will jump start easily. The battery has been tested and once it recharges, the car starts right back up, then won't start after a day or two. The alternator is working properly and charging the battery. We checked it with the volt meter. Twice, the car has started up and then would not turn off. It took a few minutes until the car would turn off by switching the key back and forth. Then this morning he informed me that the car socked him when he went to start it. I am wondering if the ignition switch is going bad and if it's creating a battery drain. Any help or ideas?

Last edited by garocha; 01-22-2018 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Title Change

Tags
battery, drain, ignition, murano, nissan