Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 audio problem Forums > > 2007 audio problem 2007 audio problem
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Audio, Video & Electronics Audio, Video & Electronics posts concerning all models. iPod, Navigation, Bluetooth

Old 11-14-2007, 12:40 AM
abercroplaya06

Default 2007 audio problem

I have an 07 max and im going to try to explain this the best i can. The problem is when i listen to CD's copied or Original, during certain parts of songs the volume drastically drops and then will semi rapidly turn back up to the original volume. This doesnt happen though until i turn the volume to 24 or above. Any ideas??s is this normal operation to keep from blowing the speakers? thx
Old 11-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Many "top of the line" Radio's have overload resisters (to save your speakers). That could be what is happening. What radio do you have in your Maxima? Also, it wouldn't hurt to take your ride back to your dealer to get your concern on paper (in case you do have a problem). Anyway - let me know what brand of radio you have and I'll check around.

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store
Old 11-14-2007, 11:10 AM
abercroplaya06

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post. I have an SE model with the NDSS single disc system in it. I had an 04 with a bose system and it didnt do this at all but i didnt know what changes they could have made with the 07 models audio. Its quite annoying though because the system already has a less than modest volume output even at max volume.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by abercroplaya06 View Post
Thank you for taking the time to look at my post. I have an SE model with the NDSS single disc system in it. I had an 04 with a bose system and it didnt do this at all but i didnt know what changes they could have made with the 07 models audio. Its quite annoying though because the system already has a less than modest volume output even at max volume.
I'm assuming that the CD's work fine on other units (i.e., house stereo, etc.). Pull out your Owner's Manual and turn to 4-30 Display screen, heater, air conditioner, audio and phone systems and change the SSV mode to OFF and see if that makes any difference.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:49 PM
KEN G

I noticed the same thing when using my ipod. Just figured it was some fail safe to keep from blowing the speakers, or I was having a stroke!
Old 11-20-2007, 10:01 AM
abercroplaya06

WOW i didnt know the IPOD aux input did that too. My friend has an 07 altima non bose setup and he can turn his system up to oblivion and it wont do what my car does. Well i guess it is some sort of fail safe system at work, but why?.........when i've never heard of any other nissan (or vehicle for that matter) i've owned doing that. I had an 04 max wit the bose setup and it didnt do that. I went down to NISSAN dealer where i got the car and they seem to have never heard of such a problem so im goin back today or tomorrow and try my CD's in another max thats out there. Its a shame i cant enjoy my radio volume past 26 without drastic volume drops several times a song.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by abercroplaya06 View Post
WOW i didnt know the IPOD aux input did that too. My friend has an 07 altima non bose setup and he can turn his system up to oblivion and it wont do what my car does. Well i guess it is some sort of fail safe system at work, but why?.........when i've never heard of any other nissan (or vehicle for that matter) i've owned doing that. I had an 04 max wit the bose setup and it didnt do that. I went down to NISSAN dealer where i got the car and they seem to have never heard of such a problem so im goin back today or tomorrow and try my CD's in another max thats out there. Its a shame i cant enjoy my radio volume past 26 without drastic volume drops several times a song.
Let us know how it goes in another Maxima. If you can go past 26 - your radio has a problem.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:04 PM
devon_paul

hey it sams as if the issue to me is also the ssv mode, now when you have your audio playing above the mention level and it turns back down are you driving or stationary because alot of vehicle seems now to come with a device build into the audio system for road traction and noise level. That system then goes up and comes down according to the traction on the road which your car outside level is making and the ystem adjusts to that for clearer sound. Now i can be wrong but try if you haven't already play the audio disk stationary and drive playing it see if theres a difference and then also listen to the radio and do the same see if the radio has the same behaviour and let me know you outcome when your complete

Tags
2007, audio, problem