Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2008 Rogue won't recognize iPod via aux cable Forums > > 2008 Rogue won't recognize iPod via aux cable 2008 Rogue won't recognize iPod via aux cable
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Audio, Video & Electronics Audio, Video & Electronics posts concerning all models. iPod, Navigation, Bluetooth

Old 04-08-2011, 05:44 AM
cairoadams

Default 2008 Rogue won't recognize iPod via aux cable

I'm feeling particularly techno-challenged today, so here's hoping someone out there ate their Wheaties today and can help me out. :) I just bought a 2008 Rogue, whose stereo system includes an auxiliary input feature for iPods/iPhones. I also purchased a retractable line-in cable for my iPod:

However, when I follow the instructions to get my iPod to function (hit the "AUX" button, then the "SCAN" button so that the stereo gives me an iPod option), nothing happens. My stereo just continues to display "AUX" on the screen. I'm feeling quite stupid, and am sure I missed something obvious... Any help?
Old 04-08-2011, 08:31 AM
2011 Rogue
2011 Rogue

The cable you're using is only for audio. You need a USB to Ipod cable for the radio to recognize and control the Ipod. As is, you should get audio but not Ipod controls.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:34 AM
cairoadams

Thanks for the advice, gluvhand. I was a little worried because I couldn't even get the audio to work with the Belkin cable. I'll try the one you suggested and keep my fingers crossed! :)

Tags
2008, aux, auxiliary, cable, ipod, recognize, rogue