Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
02 Pathfinder - Bose Radio Exchange Issue Forums > > 02 Pathfinder - Bose Radio Exchange Issue 02 Pathfinder - Bose Radio Exchange Issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Audio, Video & Electronics Audio, Video & Electronics posts concerning all models. iPod, Navigation, Bluetooth

Old 01-02-2011, 04:29 PM
2002 Pathfinder

Unhappy 02 Pathfinder - Bose Radio Exchange Issue

My Bose 6 CD player was skipping badly, so I found another identical unit that was used but operational and swapped them out. After installing and replacing battery cable, I heard the CD changer cycle and then stop. Now I am not getting any display on the radio, and seems to have no power, but I keep hearing an intermittent high pitched beep coming from it. I checked fuse under dash, which was good. Any help, please?
Old 01-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Try disconnecting the car battery for about 10 minutes to reset the unit. If that doesn't work, it is possible that the used unit is damage.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:16 PM
2002 Pathfinder

Ok. I tried disconnecting the battery, waiting, and reconnecting as you suggested. When I reconnect, I can hear the CD changer cycling. But after about 10 seconds it stops and the CD slot never opens to allow CD's to enter. There is a shield blocking the slot. It's as if the unit has locked the changer for removal and shipping. And it still emits one long, high pitched "beep" when you try to turn it on. I just feel like there's something I'm missing here. This unit was working when it was removed from another Pathfinder.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:02 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by numaris View Post
Ok. I tried disconnecting the battery, waiting, and reconnecting as you suggested. When I reconnect, I can hear the CD changer cycling. But after about 10 seconds it stops and the CD slot never opens to allow CD's to enter. There is a shield blocking the slot. It's as if the unit has locked the changer for removal and shipping. And it still emits one long, high pitched "beep" when you try to turn it on. I just feel like there's something I'm missing here. This unit was working when it was removed from another Pathfinder.
The slot opens when you select a disc position to load. It is very common to see problems with the cd changer in the pathfinders.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:20 PM
2002 Pathfinder

I'm having the same issue...

I didn't drive my pathfinder for about 3 weeks. When I tried to crank it, the battery was dead. I jumped it off and when it cranked, the radio did not come on. All that I heard was a single BEEP. The clock was working.

I called the nissan dealer and they immediately told me to check the fuse. I check the fuse and it appeared fine. I even replaced it with a new fuse and was still getting the BEEP on start up.

I then found this thread and tried disconnecting the battery for ten minutes to reset the system. The good news is that my ipod tape converter which was previously stuck in the tape deck ejected when I'm assuming the system was reset, however, the bad news is that the stereo still does not work and the BEEP still occurs.

I'm trying to get this car ready to be sold and I really don't want to drop $100 just for some service tech to tell me I need a new unit.

The BEEP has to be some sort of indicator. Is there anything else that would help me out here?

Thanks.

Tags
bose, exchange, issue, pathfinder, radio