Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan Bluetooth Forums > > Nissan Bluetooth Nissan Bluetooth
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Audio, Video & Electronics Audio, Video & Electronics posts concerning all models. iPod, Navigation, Bluetooth

Old 11-07-2010, 03:46 AM
rookie8155

I bought Altima 2010 without navigation package for my wife. I paired my iphone without any issue but when tired to piar my wife's Nokia E71, it will not pair. Has anyone luck pairing Nokia E71? I am disappointed after small excitement that we bought a car with bluetooth.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:51 PM
JonW

Default Help Needed with 2011 Nissan Bluetooth Compatibility Issues

I wish I would found this site before buying my new 2011 Altima Hybrid. Needless to say, the salesman did not whisper one word about this issue, although it is obviously well known at Nissan. It's shameful that they still have not dealt effectively with the problem after 2-3 years.

I am experiencing total Bluetooth compatibility problem between my HTC Touch Pro 2 and my Altima Hybrid with Premium package. Both devices discover each other, but when I enter passcode 1234 as required, the system responds every time that it is not the correct passcode. Pairing has failed with more than one HTC phone, so I know that it is not a problem with a particular unit.

Does anyone know of a workaround so that I can continue to use this phone (Windows Mobile 6.5 OS) - I really don't want to switch. Ironically, Nissan lists half a dozen other HTC bluetooth phones, including the original Touch Pro, as being compatible, and the Touch Pro 2 (Sprint) is not listed as having failed testing or being tested

Clearly from reading this thread, the problem with the Nissan Bose system. The HTC Touch Pro 2 is a very recent phone model from a very reputable manufacturer, and I am able to pair this phone with four other bluetooth devices from three different manufacturers. Its downright deceptive that Nissan doesn't warn people about the issue - and they certainly charge enough for the Premium option package to owe their customers a system that works.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:26 AM
rookie8155

JonW,
Sorry to hear about your bluetooth issues. If your phone is not listed under the compatible phones then probably, you are out of luck. I have two Nokia phones E71 and N95 8 GB anf both don't pair in my Altima. Yesterday, I tested my work Motorola phone to pair it and it paired without any issues.

I would suggest to report it to your dealship. I heared almost all other brands of cars also not fully compatilbe with all phones either. It is very unfortunate that you would have to change your phone due to this issue.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:27 AM
BillR

Default Possible Windows 6.x Workaround w/Bose Handsfree

I have a HTC TILT2 from AT&T and it would not pair with the Bose Hands Free System in my 2011 Altima. This phone uses Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5, but I think this applies to any 6.x version.

Using the Bluetooth “Add Device” the 'my car' would show up, but after entering the pairing code 1234, the car would say invalid pin number. Other phones did pair correctly (but not other Windows Mobile 6.5 phones).

I found the steps below somewhere on the internet (sorry lost the link) and was able to pair the phone with the car;

1: On the phone - from the start menu, go to settings -> Bluetooth -> click left tab on top (has gears as symbols) -> scroll to advanced -> click on plus symbol to expand -> click on 'audio hands free related settings' -> check box to 'play system sounds on remote hands-free device'

2: On the phone - from the start menu, go to settings -> Bluetooth -> click right tab on top (has screwdriver and hammer symbols) -> scroll to network manager and select ‘Create a Private Network' in pull down menu -> click on continue on bottom

3: While the phone is in the ‘Create a Private Network' mode, go through add phone procedure in car. 'My car' will appear on the phone. Select ‘My Car’ then enter the '1234' pin when asked. The phone should now pair.

My phone now works and phonebook syncs (Only numbers with speed-dials).

NOTE: If you have auto locking enabled on the phone, you must unlock the phone to place calls. You can still answer calls without unlocking it. This is the same as using just the handset, but it took me a few tries to realize why I could not place calls. ;-)
Old 01-23-2011, 05:39 AM
KathyKlix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
Nissan is at the mercy of the supplier of the bluetooth module. Until they make a change there is nothing that nissan can do.

Besides windows mobile is terrible. Get a blackberry
But thats just my opinion.
I have a Blackberry Storm 9350. I'm having issues; the dealer replaced the Bluetooth device, but that didn't help. Verizon is troubleshooting now. They need to Bluetooth device model number. Can you help with this?
Old 01-23-2011, 06:48 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKlix View Post
I have a Blackberry Storm 9350. I'm having issues; the dealer replaced the Bluetooth device, but that didn't help. Verizon is troubleshooting now. They need to Bluetooth device model number. Can you help with this?
Pop the battery out of your phone for a couple minutes and then recheck.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:55 PM
2010 Maxima

Default conversational method ??

I finally got rid of my horrible Samsung Jack. I have the HTC Inspire and it works just fine with the 2010 Max bluetooth.

Is there any way to use the bluetooth in a more normal conversational mode, "Call the house" and have it dial instead of having to step through each entry... [push button to interrupt LONG instructions] say, "Call" [push button to interrupt LONG instructions] "the house" [push button to interrupt LONG instructions] "Dial" [to confirm you want to actually call]

This seems like a very unintuitive method of using bluetooth, especially in a 2010 Maxima. My wife has a new Ford with the Sync in it and it does what I would expect from bluetooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkztg View Post
I am able to use my Samsung Jack (updated to Windows Mobile 6.5) with my 2010 Maxima (no navigation) I guess I should feel lucky considering my phone isn't on the "compatible phone" list.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:56 AM
handler

Default new to me 2008 pathfinder with 6 disk, back up cam

Is there a stock module I can purchase to allow bluetooth with this audio sustem?
Old 03-25-2011, 04:42 PM

2008 altima hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnotar View Post
It is now apparent that many mobile phones using Windows Mobile 6.1
will not work with the Bose Navigation or Non Navigation Bluetooth hands free systems in 2007 to 2009 Nissans and Infinitys.

There is a work-around posted on many internet forums, but I am disappointed that Nissan won't address this issue, other than to list compatible phones.

Anybody have an update on this issue?
I just picked up an HTC Arrive (Sprint). It pairs but will not throw the voice to the car audio system. HTC has no known workaround. Sprint just charged me $35 to return it.

GO TO THE STORE AND TRY ALL BLUETOOTH PHONES WITH ANY NISSAN W/BOSE NAVIGATION. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY AROUND IT. THE CARRIER KNOWS NOTHING, NISSAN KNOWS NOTHING AND THE PHONE GUYS JUST SHRUG. This isn't rocket science. The phone manufacturers could easily test, too.

I would love to 'hear' the calls and could care less about the phonebook pairing!! New Windows 7 has no advanced options to force where the audio is played.

Nice phone. Wicked fast but going back! The car wins vs a $200 phone.

Gee and I've been using Bluetooth handsfree since we got an Acura TL in late 2003. 8 years later and its still more 'art' than science. egads.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 AM
hunteryarbrough

I have a different issue. My Bluetooth worked just fine, for 8 days. Then the entire system died. It's as if the box were unplugged, and I suspect it will need replacing. The problem is, I can't get Town North Nissan of Austin to look at it. Less than two weeks after being a 'new' customer, they don't want to hear about any problems.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Pit Prof

My 2008 Rogue's Bluetooth keeps cutting in and out. I've deleted the phones that were paired and reinstalled, but the problem persists. I had now problem with any of the phones I've owned over the years and my Iphone4 has worked fine for the last year. Why the recent problems I don't know.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:40 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Prof View Post
My 2008 Rogue's Bluetooth keeps cutting in and out. I've deleted the phones that were paired and reinstalled, but the problem persists. I had now problem with any of the phones I've owned over the years and my Iphone4 has worked fine for the last year. Why the recent problems I don't know.
Did you update your iphone to IOS5?
Old 12-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Pit Prof

Default Bluetooth

Yes, I did
Old 12-20-2011, 06:09 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Prof View Post
Yes, I did
Alot of people are having bluetooth issues after updating. It seems the only solution right now is to downgrade back to 4. Hopefully apple will come out with a fix soon.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Pit Prof

Thanks for your help, the timeline seems to match up.

Tags
bluetooth, nissan