Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Roar noise and slight vibration going over 40 mph Forums > > Roar noise and slight vibration going over 40 mph Roar noise and slight vibration going over 40 mph
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 04-05-2012, 06:39 AM
2004 Armada

Default Roar

Did you guys ever figure out what caused the roaring noise? I also have a roaring sound that starts around 30mph and peaks around 40mph. This has been going on now for about 6 to 8 months. I took it to a mechanic and they replaced the passanger side wheel bearing. The noise continued so they suggested that I get new tires before I spend any more money. The tires did need to be replaced so I got new tires. The noise has continued. When I make a left hand turn on a curve the noise goes away. As soon as I straighten out or turn to the right on a right hand curve the noise continues. Does anyone else have this problem? Need help. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisrjz View Post
Those items, bearings etc., would produce, not a roar, but a
loud gear type noise.

I am beginning to think it is just your front tires. The tires on these cars do roar...it is not a quiet vehicle by any means, and the treads on the tires are an aggressive pattern for use with 4wd.

Hold old are your tires? Consider changing them to a milder tread.

Another thought is the transaxle ring gears. How many miles on this Armada.

I have to tell you , I have had many more problems than that with my Armada and will not buy another Nissan.

By the way a stethoscope is not just used by Doctors. It is frequently used by mechanics to pin point the location of sounds in the engine and other places. If they spun the wheel and used a stethoscope, it is not the wheel bearing on the wheel they checked.

The sound may be normal for your vehicle. The fan roars, the tires roar and you roar when you get your car payment bill.

Get yourself a Buick and be happy...like floating on a quiet cloud...and they handle well now too. The Chinese love them and 3 billion Chinese can't be wrong!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 AM
2004 Armada

Did you guys ever figure out what caused the roaring noise? I also have a roaring sound that starts around 30mph and peaks around 40mph. This has been going on now for about 6 to 8 months. I took it to a mechanic and they replaced the passanger side wheel bearing. The noise continued so they suggested that I get new tires before I spend any more money. The tires did need to be replaced so I got new tires. The noise has continued. When I make a left hand turn on a curve the noise goes away. As soon as I straighten out or turn to the right on a right hand curve the noise continues. Does anyone else have this problem? Need help. thanks
Old 04-05-2012, 08:10 AM
2004 Armada

I have yet to be able to find anyone that can help me correct this. I still hear the noise but it is sporadic on dry surfaces but most always when the road is wet. I am at a loss. I now have almost 82,000 miles and this started at 22,000 so I would say it obviously isn't something serious, or if it is I have been lucky. I don't know what else to try. If anyone ever gets a definate answer please post.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Enthusiast
2004 Armada

Default roar at 40

My opinions:
Most likely a front wheel bearing, but not necessarily.
Doubtful that changing brakes would make the wheel bearing all of a sudden roar.

Would "thump" all the time.

Sounds like possibly tire noise, Check that lug nuts are tightened.

Could also be your cooling fan coming on...especially if you are using ac.

Check cooling fan sensor. There was a recall on this at one time.
Mine wasn't coming on at al..so I was glad to hear the "roar" after they fixed the sensor.
Good luck!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:31 AM
2004 Armada

Its deffinetily not the tires because I just bought new ones and the roar is exactly the same. I will have someone check the fan sensor and keep you posted. thanks
Old 06-13-2016, 06:56 PM
2004 Titan King Cab

Default 04 Nissan Titan

I have a 04 Nissan Titan, it was making a weird vibration noise while driving pull to the side of the freeway until the noise stop.Sound like the ABS actuator engaging.I replace the brake booster 2 weeks later noise came back ,wanted to know if anyone ever experienced this type of noise and if so what was the fix

Tags
mph, noise, roar, slight, vibration