Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
noise in dash Forums > > noise in dash noise in dash
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 04-15-2008, 07:29 PM
ljessie

Default noise in dash

does anyone else have a noise that sounds like a squeaky door inside their dash, drivers side, when changing settings on the HVAC. or it sounds like something scraping the underside of the dash, drivers side.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:45 PM
2005 Armada

I have the same issue in my 2005 Armada... My dealer said I needed to replace the 'flapper' door. He was vague but kindly pointed out it would cost almost $300 to do the job. I would just like to know what a flapper door is and can it be done DIY style.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

They are probably talking about the "Air Mix Door Motor". The Air Mix Door Motor operates the air mix door, which opens and closes when the A/C setting are change. Sometimes, when the motor fails, the door will open and close several times by its own. Unfortunately the entire dash needs to be removed in order to access the motor.

There is a bulletin for that problem: 2005 Nissan Armada Service Bulletins - Nissanhelp.com

The bulletin gives you a brief instruction on how to remove the dash and access the motor.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:06 AM
2010 Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
The Air Mix Door Motor operates the air mix door, which opens and closes when the A/C setting are change. Sometimes, when the motor fails, the door will open and close several times by its own.
NissanTech -

My 2010 Armada does this too, every so often (maybe once every few days). I just bought it used from a Toyota dealer a few weeks ago so at first I was a little annoyed to hear that sound, but when I figured out what it was I just kind of shrugged it off.

Does this cause any inherent problems or is it just an annoying noise?

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:54 PM
2006 Armada

This problem has been happening on my 06. Air flow on both driver-side vents are substantially diminished!

Tags
dash, noise