Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2004 Armada heater/air conditioner issue Forums > > 2004 Armada heater/air conditioner issue 2004 Armada heater/air conditioner issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 12-16-2008, 07:55 AM
Aaron Seymour

Default 2004 Armada heater/air conditioner issue

So I've been just dealing with this but now that I look into it, it appears there are others with this same issue.

My 2004 Armada heater does not function properly...never has. It does not blow hot air at all unless I'm accelerating. Then its very warm...when I stop or let off the gas it blow cold again.

In the summer the A/C does the same...it doesn't really blow cold air unless I'm accelerating.

Is there recall for this?
Old 12-16-2008, 01:20 PM
2015 Rogue

No recalls. You should check the cooling system for leaks, it sounds like you may have air trapped.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:41 PM
2005 Armada

Default Nissan armada question

My '05 Armada LE makes a loud 'flapping/clapping' noise from underneath the dash where the air/heat system is when the vehicle is turned off and sits a moment. It makes about a dozen claps then stops. Dealer said it is a 'flapper' door issue. WHAT is a flapper door and is it difficult to fix as a DIY thing?
Old 05-25-2012, 01:35 PM
2012 Murano
2007 Titan King Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMNISSANARMADA05 View Post
My '05 Armada LE makes a loud 'flapping/clapping' noise from underneath the dash where the air/heat system is when the vehicle is turned off and sits a moment. It makes about a dozen claps then stops. Dealer said it is a 'flapper' door issue. WHAT is a flapper door and is it difficult to fix as a DIY thing?
This is caused by one of the door motors on the cooling unit. Depending on which motor fails, it can be extremely simple or a 3 hour job if it's the lovely air mix door motor. Theres 3 different ones.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:30 AM
2007 Armada
2007 Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMNISSANARMADA05 View Post
I know this was a while ago, but I had something similar and thought it might help someone. I would hear a dozen or so "knocks" coming from somewhere behind the dash. It ended up being a water valve under the hood on the passenger side firewall.
You can feel the valve slipping, or you can just disconnect the power to the valve, and if the noise stops, that's it.

Tags
2004, armada, conditioner, heater or air, issue