Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Flashing Air Bag Light Forums > > Flashing Air Bag Light Flashing Air Bag Light
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 07-12-2017, 09:57 AM
2010 Altima Sedan

Angry Passenger Air Bag Light flashing On and Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherbri View Post
Just had my 07 Quest inspected and the following day noticed the air bag light blinking. Not sure if there is any relativity to the 2 events or just coincidence. I followed Nickoli415's suggested procedure on page 1 of this thread and it worked like a charm. Hopefully it was just a fluke and it will stay off.
I tried this and it appeared to work... BUT then the flashing came back!

The other day I went to the Nissan Dealer (as I had bought a second key/fob and needed the fob programmed and the spare key cut).

While I was at the dealer I had them check the code on the Air Bag and they came back and said I probably needed the passenger seat cushion at the cost of nearly $700.00!

Guess I will just have to ignore that flashing dash light for the rest of my car's life?

There is probably a shorted wire or something in that passenger seat? Regardless I am not about to spend $700 bucks to find out.

Richard 2010 Altima 2.5S
Old 07-12-2017, 06:15 PM
2007 Quest

Unhappy Blinking Light came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricobob View Post
Yep....same thing just happened to me. It came back. Unless I can figure it out on my own, it will have to keep blinking. I find a piece of black electric tape over the light works well to make it forgotten. Haha
Old 07-14-2017, 05:43 AM
2011 Sentra

[MENTION=251177]anotherbri[/MENTION]......

Sorry that the instructions on how to fix the flashing airbag light didn't help you. I'm just wondering why it's fixing it for some people and not others........things that make ya go hmm............
Old 07-14-2017, 05:46 AM
2011 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricobob View Post

The other day I went to the Nissan Dealer (as I had bought a second key/fob and needed the fob programmed and the spare key cut).

While I was at the dealer I had them check the code on the Air Bag and they came back and said I probably needed the passenger seat cushion at the cost of nearly $700.00!

Guess I will just have to ignore that flashing dash light for the rest of my car's life?

There is probably a shorted wire or something in that passenger seat? Regardless I am not about to spend $700 bucks to find out.

Richard 2010 Altima 2.5S

Hi Richard,

May I ask how much the extra keyfob was? I'm considering getting an extra one for my Sentra, but was kind of curious as to how much they charge?

Also, maybe check all of your wires and connections with your passenger seat. Maybe something came out or is loose? Just a thought.

Thanks,
Theresa
2011 Nissan Sentra SL
Old 07-14-2017, 06:03 AM
2007 Quest

Default Good Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC9901 View Post
Hi Richard,

May I ask how much the extra keyfob was? I'm considering getting an extra one for my Sentra, but was kind of curious as to how much they charge?

Also, maybe check all of your wires and connections with your passenger seat. Maybe something came out or is loose? Just a thought.

Thanks,
Theresa
2011 Nissan Sentra SL
That is excellent advice ^^^. If they told me it had to do with the passenger seat, I would check the wiring. Most likely there are 2 or 3 wire connectors underneath. Also, junk yards are amazing places to get parts on the cheap. I had to switch a seat out on a different vehicle one time, and there was actually a sensor type device on the side of the seat frame that had to do with airbags I believe. Maybe Nissan has this mounted as part of the seat cushion. But I would look for any disconnected, bare or broken wires.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:18 AM
2007 Quest

Default How Can One get the Code??

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlarmada View Post
So I have read just about everything out there, and have reset the airbag light quite a few times, but keeps coming back on. I read the code like was explained in quite a few different threads. Like someone in the first page of this thread, my 2005 Armada has one long blink [2 sec] and 13 short blinks [.5 sec]. The weird thing, is that when you put those together to make the actual fault code, it gives you a 113 right. Add the first long flash, with the total number of short ones...... 1 + 13?

But from what I've seen, the list of number codes goes from 1 - 11? So how the heck is my light blinking 13 times? Has anybody had this one before??

I have moved the electric seat cushions up higher to avoid pinching the wires there, re-plugged in all of my connectors to make sure they are secure, etc..... not sure where to go, aside to the dealer.... eek!
So is there actually a way to get the code from the blinks??
Old 07-14-2017, 04:16 PM
2010 Altima Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC9901 View Post
Hi Richard,

Thanks,
Theresa
2011 Nissan Sentra SL
. Theresa, as for the key fob I bought it from Amazon.com. I had to it to the dealership to get it programmed and get the blank key "cut". I paid the bill which included the scan for the airbag issue. So I am not sure what the fob programming cost was. The cutting of the key blank was listed as $20.00. But the total bill was $91.00.

Thanks for the advice on checking the wires. I took a quick look under the seat and one of the wires had black electrical tape on it. I will need to dig into the wiring a little more. There could be some issue there?

Google your car and key fob. You will find several offers. 😁
Old 07-15-2017, 08:40 AM
2011 Sentra

Richard,

Thanks so much. I just wanted to get an idea of what the charge was, so if I decided to do it, I wasn't hit with a tremendous crazy bill after it was too late. I had no idea you could buy the key fobs on Amazon. That's interesting. Hopefully, the wire with the black electrical tape on is your issue and it's a quick and easy fix. Good luck!

Theresa :)
Old 10-29-2017, 04:00 AM
2011 Frontier Crew Cab
2011 Frontier SV Crew Cab

Recently bought a 2011 Frontier. Put a Kenwood Nav system in and the airbag light started blinking on me. Prob due to unplugging the passenger light to install the unit. Used your key on of method. Worked like a charm so far.

I imagine it will clear out codes like mine, but if there's a real problem in there it will come back.

Anyway glad to be back with Nissan.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:12 AM
2004 200SX

Default New here.

Would like to start a new thread. Cannot see how yet thanks.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:20 AM
2013 Versa

The procedure for getting rid of the flashing airbag lamp worked like a charm! Takes one minute and just 3 switch turns. Incredible. Joined this forum because of this useful tip.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:07 PM
2013 Xterra

Default Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoli415 View Post
Try This, I got this from ClubArmada.com It worked for me.

Since some of you guys here are new owners I thought I'd save you a trip to the dealer once you start modifing your armada's. I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
I know this is an old post for an Armada, but it just worked on my 2013 Xterra that I just picked up used. Thanks for the help
Old 12-09-2018, 08:20 PM
2004 Almera

I own a Nissan Maxima A35. I used Nickoli's advice and it helped. I took the car to 3 car servises and they all told that I had a serious problem... But it was only blinking because I had some work done on my floors and the passenger seat was taken out and disconnected... never had an airbag issue before... thanks so much!
Old 10-14-2019, 06:49 AM
1994 300ZX
2014 Versa

I'm not an official Nissan mechanic, but licensed mobile electrician. Seen this in a few different Nissan models, but I'm going to put out an educated guess as to the cause here:
There's a sensor inside the passenger airbag light in the dash as a safety measure. Turning the vehicle on while the dash is disconnected trips the airbag light.

Tags
air, bag, flashing, light