Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Flashing Air Bag Light Forums > > Flashing Air Bag Light Flashing Air Bag Light
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 01-29-2012, 07:52 PM
2007 Xterra

Default Tried airbag reset

Did reset but after driving x-terra for a couple of blocks light blinking again.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:54 PM
1998 Maxima
1998 Maxima GLE

try wiggling the wires under the seat!
Old 01-29-2012, 08:11 PM
2007 Xterra

Will try it. Thanks
Old 02-09-2012, 09:02 AM
2012 Sentra

Worked for me on my 2012 Sentra SR. Had to try it several times before it finally accepted the sequence though.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:45 AM
2007 370Z Coupe

Smile worked like a charm!!!

The same thing happened to me.
I removed my passanger's seat in order to install a new stereo. when I reinstalled the seat the airbag warning light started blinking.
I DID THIS 2 YEARS AGO!!
I had several mechanics look at it with the same answer "This is gonna cost ya". So I never had it fixed.

This procedure worked like a charm!!
It took about 2 minutes AND it was free!!

thanks so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoli415 View Post
Try This, I got this from ClubArmada.com It worked for me.

Since some of you guys here are new owners I thought I'd save you a trip to the dealer once you start modifing your armada's. I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:46 PM
2004 Armada

Talking no more worries

Dude thanks a million. It's 3:45 am I did it and it works my wife will think I'm GOD .
Old 03-22-2012, 09:29 AM
2004 Quest

Last night my son changed out my bad Backup Sensor Assembly and when he was finished and started my '04 Quest, the airbag indicator started to flash.

I found Nick's instructions on how to reset the light and will give it a try when I get home.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:35 AM
2007 Altima

I used Nickoli415's method and it worked..Altima 2007..put you do have to put in the key in, I was trying to do it first with just the push start button, didn't work. I put the key in and it work...Nickoli415, thanks man, you're saving a lot people money.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:37 PM
2007 Altima

Default flashing airbag light

Ok, so I used the trick, it worked BUT for some reason it would come back on when I start driving. I can park, do the trick thing, it would stop but when I start driving, it comes back on. Any clues? I was told by my wife that her mother was in the passenger seat and went to adjust the seat. I'm thinking she grabbed something but can't tell when I look under the seat..(no lose wires or anything)..any ideas for help...THANKS
Old 05-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Enthusiast
2002 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by contract View Post
6. Count the number of 1/2 seconds flashes, it describes the malfunctioning part.
6= 4wd crash sensor, in front radiator, below ext. ambiant temperature sensor.
Mine ad a code 6, crash sensor
They sometime goes faulty do to road salt. Mine ad salt that entered true a silicone gap and affected the circuit board.
I followed your instructions and have the same code [6 flashes]...and I'm in Western New York State, where they pave the roads with salt every Winter...

New sensor is on the way, little over $100 USD...

Joined the forum, too...My old haunt, Automotive Forums/Xterra, seems to have changed drastically...They combined all the Xterra sub-forums into one sub-forum...

I'll browse this forum from now on!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:14 PM
2005 Armada

Default Flashing airbag light

This worked great. I had spent some time today reviewing the steps outlined in the Service manual but Nick's instructions were more specific which did the trick. Hopefully tomorrow when I start the beast it won't flash again, otherwise I'll need to look at the wiring connections.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Enthusiast
2002 Xterra

I disconnected my battery for an hour today (and cleaned it & all the fittings) and then replaced my front crash sensor which diagnostic mode was giving 6 flashes --> bad sensor. I attached a pic of the old sensor; yep, salt corroded.

Resetting the light took two tries, as others have mentioned. First time it continued flashing, but did not go into diagnostic mode. Second reset stopped the flashing.

Thanks to the OP and others here for the advice on getting into diagnostic mode and resetting the SRS light! ;)
Attached Thumbnails
Flashing Air Bag Light-sensor1-jpg  
Old 06-18-2012, 07:05 PM
2005 Xterra

Question 2005 Xterra - can't get this method to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoli415 View Post
Try This, I got this from ClubArmada.com It worked for me.

Since some of you guys here are new owners I thought I'd save you a trip to the dealer once you start modifing your armada's. I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
Any other helpful hints for a 2005 xterra. Same issue, put in aftermarket radio and airbag light blinks and the passenger airbag light says off even with a passenger in the seat.
Thanks
Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 PM
2009 Murano

Default New in the forum

Just joined the forum to thank you all and Nikoli415 in special for posting the solution. It took me three attempts but finally worked in my 09 Murano.
The light started after I installed my Parrot device.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:22 AM
2012 Pathfinder

Default Airbag light reset 2012 Pathfinder

This definetly worked. I tried it 1 time and BAM! Fixed.
Thank you Nic for the post.
Originally Posted by Nickoli415
Here is how to reset it yourself.

Tags
air, bag, flashing, light