Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Flashing Air Bag Light Forums > > Flashing Air Bag Light Flashing Air Bag Light
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 02-18-2010, 12:35 PM
2003 Murano

Quote:
Originally Posted by contract View Post
Hi Colouny,
I don't know if this will work for yours, but read this and you need to go to diagnostic mode before you reset it. Normally when you access the diasgnostic mode and then exit it should be reset.

I have a 2002 x-terra SE v6 4wd auto. the light started to do the same thing as yours, here's what i did to get into the dignastic mode:
1. Turn the key to "ON" (do not start)
2. Watch the airbag light. It will be on steady for few seconds and as soon as it blink OFF , turn the key OFF instantly (before it ever started to blink)
3. wait for 5 to 7 seconds (real seconds)
4. repeat steps 1 to 3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.
5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different slower manner. This is the diagnostic mode. The light will flash a pattern of 3 seconds ON, then a series of 1/2 seconds flashes, then 3 seconds on again, ......
6. Count the number of 1/2 seconds flashes, it describes the malfunctioning part.
2= driver's airbag module, module is in the airbag.
6= 4wd crash sensor, in front radiator, below ext. ambiant temperature sensor.
7= airbag computer
8= passenger airbag module

DO NOT FORGET TO DISCONNECT BOTH BATTERY TERMINAL AND WAIT 3 MINUTES FOR COMPLETE DRAINAGE BEFORE SERVICING ANY "SRS" COMPONENT.

Mine ad a code 6, crash sensor
They sometime goes faulty do to road salt. Mine ad salt that entered true a silicone gap and affected the circuit board.
Bought a new one today at the dealer for $87 canadian dollars.
It seems that my airbag light doesnt blink at all. Anyway, took it to the dealler, charged me 25 euro. The problem was that the car i bought was after crash in the right side, and crash data was stored.

Thanks for reply.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:52 PM

Default Feedback Air bag light reset

My light came on after I replaced the bulbs in the climate control module on my 2002 Frontier (had to disconnect the passenger air bag switch on the cover panel). This procedure worked the first time. GREAT. Thanks
Old 03-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Studlocs20

Default Airbag Problem Fixed!

I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima GLE, I did exactly what Nickoli said, and it worked the first time! I took the car to 3 car places and they all told me to take it to the dealer because I had a serious problem... But I KNEW it was only blinking because I had some work done on my floors and the passenger seat was taken out and disconnected... never had an airbag issue before... thanks so much!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:56 AM
mel33

Default Airbag Light

Ok guys,I have a 2005 nissan Armada LE, I recently went to the dealer on 5 April 2010 they said the light(airbag) was due to a faulty passenger seat back airbag and they wanted $2000.00 to fix it...lmao.... They reset it and it came back on 8 April 2010. Now, my question is if I keep doing that trick with waiting 5 seconds and the light going off due to the self reset, if I get into an accident will all the other airbags still go off? Oh I purchased the car used from a repot lot and got a great deal so I have no idea on the original reason the light went off..The car still has all the factory radio and everything.

Last edited by mel33; 04-09-2010 at 05:00 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Fox Fader

Thumbs up GREAT!

I just drove two hours in my mom's 02 Altima with that dang light flashing in my face. Read the fix, ran down the hotel stairs to the car and it really worked! I thought it was going to be the Clockspring (Spiral Cord) like on my mother-in-law Tacoma I looked at earlier today. I'll have a better trip home now.

Thanks a billion!!
Old 04-10-2010, 02:58 AM
contract

Mel33,
Did you do the procedure yourself to find the error code?
If not, you should. Then let us know what came out of it.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Fox Fader

Oh well, it came back on today so they are going to take it to a dealer. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Frontier man

WOW, you just saved me a trip to the dealer and a bag of money! Nick your procedure to get rid of the "flashing air bag light" worked like a charm. I just rewired my 2010 Frontier for an after market complete stereo and had "the" problem. NOT NO MORE!!! Thank you very much!!!!!

I will do a write up on it so stay tuned!
Old 04-23-2010, 03:42 AM
msheahan

I am new to the forums here. I had the same issue on my 2008 Frontier. I tried the reset procedure as noted above. Worked the first time like a charm. Thanks to Nicoli415
Old 04-24-2010, 07:11 AM
2009 Versa

This appears to have worked for me. I'll give it a couple of days before I'm sure, but thanks!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoli415 View Post
Try This, I got this from ClubArmada.com It worked for me.

Since some of you guys here are new owners I thought I'd save you a trip to the dealer once you start modifing your armada's. I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:46 AM
2005 Murano

Default Wow- tiworked

Thanks SO much.
My 05 Murano was doing the same thing.
Dealer wanted $95 to do a diagnostic.

The airbags will still work, correct?
Old 06-12-2010, 02:40 PM
myautomart

I took the passenger seat out of my 05 Pathfinder LE and the airbag blinked. Just tried the procedure to reset it and it worked perfectly! Thanks!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Zoror

Nckolis procedure does not work on my car. I tried to analyzed the 1/2 second flash and only have five. Any help is appreciate.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Nodlew

Default 99 Maxima

Does this also work on the 99 maxima's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoli415 View Post
Try This, I got this from ClubArmada.com It worked for me.

Since some of you guys here are new owners I thought I'd save you a trip to the dealer once you start modifing your armada's. I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:04 PM
dsoprano324

Default airbag light magic!

I just used Nikoli's trick to reset the airbag light - it worked! How amazing is that? I just bought my 2010 Sentra last week and drove off the lot with this problem, and this trick saved me a trip to the service center. Thanks so much for your help! :)

Tags
air, bag, flashing, light