Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Flashing Air Bag Light Forums > > Flashing Air Bag Light Flashing Air Bag Light
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 07-30-2009, 08:49 PM
IAVECCHIA

I guess it worked for me because i just changed my cd player when it happened. Maybe your problem is more serious.

Ps can anyone email me how to get back on ???????? Forgot my name or password or both. My email address is [email protected]
Old 08-25-2009, 09:53 AM
SRBast

Default It worked for my Versa!

I can't thank you enough! It's two years after this post and I tried it out on my 2007 Versa and it worked perfectly. Now if only I can get the Tire Pressure Gage light to turn off. We have a faulty one so it stays on even though the tires are full.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:57 PM
MAR38

i have a 2003 pathfinder LE,i upgraded with an aftermarket head unit replacing the bose system a few months ago today my airbag light started flashing, i tried your method which worked 4 everybody except me,got any suggestions?
Old 10-04-2009, 05:10 PM
mcapuano1101

Nickoli415's method worked on my 2008 350z. Awesome - thanks very much! Trophy Nissan of Mesquite wanted $109.00 to reset the light. That's roughly $36.33 per ignition turn - what a bunch of crooks. The problem started when I had my seats pulled & re-upholstered. Thanks again for the money saving tip. You rock.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:28 PM
bulkhogan

Thanks Nickoli415 !!

Worked like a champ !
Old 11-24-2009, 02:42 AM
nightside

Default Air bags and warranty coverage

Everyone should open their Warranty Information Book to page 4 and look under "Powertrain Coverage." LIsted under this section is the "Restraint System."
-"Air bags and related electronic control systems" are listed as covered under the powertrain warranty coverage which is 60 months or 60,000 miles.

Also, under page 14 Seat Belt Limited Warranty it states that air bags and related electronic control systems are covered under the powertrain warranty.

I got into a heated argument with the finance manager "Turner" at Buena Park Nissan over this. I sold my Armada recently, but if anyone uses this information let me know how it ends up.
Attached Thumbnails
Flashing Air Bag Light-warranty2-jpg   Flashing Air Bag Light-warranty1-jpg  
Old 11-27-2009, 05:26 PM
BURT

Default Flashing Airbag Sign

I followed Nickoli's instructions on my wife's 2005 Nissan Armada SE, and it worked. She had been bugging me for 2 months to fix this...a big thank you ! from Southern Cali.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:29 PM
hsakeen

Nickolai Thank you it worked on my Altima 2007 (Kuwait)
Old 12-06-2009, 08:30 PM
hsakeen

Nickolai Thank you it worked on my Altima 2007 (Thanks from Kuwait)
Old 12-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Rebekahsue77

Thank you SO SO much. This worked. And Nissan wanted to charge me over $100 bucks just for diagnosing.

I appreciate this post!
Old 01-12-2010, 04:36 PM
JToral

Thanks Nick,
The reset step you outlined worked to perfection. You made the deal go through as I was going to bring the car back to the dealer I bought it from. You are the man! Thanks again Jeff
Old 02-03-2010, 03:07 PM
crescentfallen

nicoli415 solution worked on my 07 with push start after I installed an indash nav.. thanks man saved me lots of headaches
Old 02-08-2010, 01:26 AM
coombs

Wow......thank you nick for your info.....my wife 2002 x-terra airbag light came on after replacing the battery.......tried your advise for reseting and now, i have an happy wife!
That's always a good thing!

Last edited by coombs; 02-08-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:34 AM
2003 Murano

Hi, all,.
I have got recently Murano/ fx35. It has got the airbag light constantly on. Have tried this procedure, but didnt work. I have tried it for several times with no luck. Does anyone knows i can reset it with out going to the dealer?
I have checked with the scantool, it doeas not shoe the error codes at all, but states that further testing required.

Thanks for your answers.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:42 AM
contract

Hi Colouny,
I don't know if this will work for yours, but read this and you need to go to diagnostic mode before you reset it. Normally when you access the diasgnostic mode and then exit it should be reset.

I have a 2002 x-terra SE v6 4wd auto. the light started to do the same thing as yours, here's what i did to get into the dignastic mode:
1. Turn the key to "ON" (do not start)
2. Watch the airbag light. It will be on steady for few seconds and as soon as it blink OFF , turn the key OFF instantly (before it ever started to blink)
3. wait for 5 to 7 seconds (real seconds)
4. repeat steps 1 to 3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.
5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different slower manner. This is the diagnostic mode. The light will flash a pattern of 3 seconds ON, then a series of 1/2 seconds flashes, then 3 seconds on again, ......
6. Count the number of 1/2 seconds flashes, it describes the malfunctioning part.
2= driver's airbag module, module is in the airbag.
6= 4wd crash sensor, in front radiator, below ext. ambiant temperature sensor.
7= airbag computer
8= passenger airbag module

DO NOT FORGET TO DISCONNECT BOTH BATTERY TERMINAL AND WAIT 3 MINUTES FOR COMPLETE DRAINAGE BEFORE SERVICING ANY "SRS" COMPONENT.

Mine ad a code 6, crash sensor
They sometime goes faulty do to road salt. Mine ad salt that entered true a silicone gap and affected the circuit board.
Bought a new one today at the dealer for $87 canadian dollars.

Tags
air, bag, flashing, light