Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Flashing Air Bag Light Forums > > Flashing Air Bag Light Flashing Air Bag Light
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 08-05-2008, 09:20 PM
piker

hilarious, works like a charm. couldnt get it this first time but got it to work the second time. good hint on recognizing the slower flash and waiting again. still can't believe it. Saved me some money at the dealer and made me join the site.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Enthusiast
2005 Altima
2007 Versa
2007 versa

The reason the light came on when you guys pulled the stereo was that you had the pass side air warning light disconected when the key was on.

Repairing wiring on an air bag system is not recommended because the resistance of the wire may be different after repair. This may cause the air bag to deploy at the wrong time or not at all. At this time of course the repair facility could be liable .
Old 11-15-2008, 10:49 AM
A2bleG

I also tried Nickoli415's procedure on my 07 Armada.. and it worked!! Same as piker, first time didn't work (i probably did something wrong) but the second time I did all steps carefully and blam, flashing light was gone and also made me join the site. Who knows what was the cause for the light to begin flashing since I didn't install or remove anything. Oh well, the flashing stopped.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:31 PM
stk6mkt

Default Flashing Airbag Light

Purchsed 2009 Murano 3 weeks ago. Airbag warning light started blinking non-stop 4 days ago. Just tried the on-off ignition procedure, and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the great advice.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:23 AM
douglegrow

Default 2004 Xterra

Nickoli415's procedure also worked on my 2004 Xterra
Old 11-30-2008, 08:00 AM
marler1957

Pulled the radio and CD 6 cage out of a 2005 Altima multiple times to try and remove stuck CDs. At one point I had the battery connected without the
passenger airbag light wiring connected. Would guess either that grounded the air bag circuit or I did it in another manner. Nickoli415 procedure worked to reset the light for me. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:53 AM
nightside

Default Worked

Great job nick, worked! I had changed my battery a few months ago and when I put in the new battery the Air Bag light started blinking. Problem solved.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:45 PM
pal379

I love the internet and forums like this! I decided to install DVD Headrests in my 09 Murano and I started pulling plugs to tap in + and - from under the seat and I guess I pulled the air bag sensor that determines if someone is sitting in the front seat and sure enough that light started blinking. Just got the car 2 weeks ago and didnt feel like going to the stealership yet. That post by Nick worked perfectly. Thank you.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:05 PM
josca

Wow, I did what Nickoli415 suggested and it worked. I too am now a member of this site. I have a 2009 Nissan Altima and it came with no radio. It was cheaper that way. So I had to add one. I still need to add RCA cables so I can play my IPod on it and I need to get the right cables for the GPS so that will display on the 6 inch screen of the radio. If for some reason the annoying flashing red airbag light comes on again, will the procedure work a second time?
Old 02-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

Some advice for all:
when installing satelite radio,gps or any accessory where it requires center dash or console removal with pass side srs indicator either disconnect the battery or do not disconnect the switch indicator. As for harness damage highly unlikly unless direct damage has been done to the harness.

Always disconnect the battery when working on SRS system.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Ender312

Default Help!!!

Salutations. I have read this procedure before on several different forums and seen different instructions such as waiting 1 or 7 seconds before turning it back on. But I must say, I tried the 5 mississippi trick and it worked like a charm on my first try. Thank you very much for the help!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:42 AM
nightside

I also changed the battery in my 2005 Armada, and when I put new one in the air bag light blinks. This worked, but after a week the light started blinking again. Has anyone actually talked to a mechanic to find out what the actual problem is and to let us know if it's something to worry about?
Old 07-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

^well it may be different for someone else. you need to have yours scanned to see what your problem may be. but i would try resseting it again

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 07-19-2009, 07:38 PM
IAVECCHIA

Thumbs up Flashing air bag light

Just joined the group and tried the air bag flashing light fix. It worked like a chare the first time. Thanks
Old 07-30-2009, 03:26 PM
TROFER23

Default Airbag light flashing

I tried that reset instruction several times and it didn't work. At the end it flash twice slowly and then fast. anybody experience the same?

Tags
air, bag, flashing, light