Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Brake Problems Forums > > Brake Problems Brake Problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 01-09-2008, 11:28 AM
rescuetrash

Default Update

My Armada at 11000 miles had all major components changed out by the Engineers, Brake booster, Master cylinder, ABS actuator. Everything has been good up to 20000 miles and the old problem returned with the red light on the dash. I returned it to Mossy in Houston for the 5th return trip. My new friend David said that they would get right on it again. This time no code, Contated Engineering again they have a new type of booster and master cylinder somewhat updated that they are putting on as I type. This will be the 3rd booster, and master cylinder and abs acuator since the car was built. It had every current software update that has been put out. Maybe this time all will be fine lets hope. Mossy has been very good working with me and I would recommended them as a repair facility, they have no problem getting the engineers on the phone or to Houston to work on my vehicle.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:49 PM
yaizmara

Default Brake Problems!!!!!!!!!!!

In order to push Nissan to do a recall on the 2004 and up Armadas, you guys need to report the brake problems with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(NHTSA) | U.S. Department of Transportation. Im having the same problems with my brakes. We have gone through 3 brake pads with only 33k. The emergency brakes light engages all by itself while we are driving the vehicle, wich makes it very difficult to come to a full stop right away. It has happened to us on the highway a few times. Very unsafe. And all the dealer says is there is nothing wrong with the car. They say that they dont have any reports on this happening to other Armadas, wich is a HUGE LIE. Since most of you are going through the same thing. I guess they are waiting for some people to get in an accident and DIE first in order to take this UNSAFE PROBLEM seriously.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:51 PM
yaizmara

Default Brake Problems!!!!!!!!!!!

In order to push Nissan to do a recall on the 2004 and up Armadas, you guys need to report the brake problems with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(NHTSA) | U.S. Department of Transportation. Im having the same problems with my brakes. We have gone through 3 brake pads with only 33k. The emergency brakes light engages all by itself while we are driving the vehicle, wich makes it very difficult to come to a full stop right away. It has happened to us on the highway a few times. Very unsafe. And all the dealer says is there is nothing wrong with the car. They say that they dont have any reports on this happening to other Armadas, wich is a HUGE LIE. Since most of you are going through the same thing. I guess they are waiting for some people to get in an accident and DIE first in order to take this UNSAFE PROBLEM seriously.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:37 AM
rescuetrash

I have filed a compalint with the NHTSA, they will take no action until there is an injury or fatality that the way this game is played, just by Toyota from now on....
Old 09-22-2008, 06:30 AM
MrsZ

Same problem here. 2004 Armada owner who went through the original "brake judder" problem. That was resolved and no problems since then...until 4 months ago when this new brake problem kicked in. Has happend twice in 5 months now. Resets itself once car is turned off. Brake light comes on and it's harder to stop, noise sounds like metal on metal/grinding. Glad to know I'm not the only one...but want this resolved. Totally unsafe, there's no warning when it happens.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:40 AM
armadafrfs

I am having the same issue with my 2006 Off Road SE. I have had it looked at 4 times now. They tried the reprogramming thing last time and now the brake boost actuator will be replaced. Seeing all of you guys with the same problem that seems to never get fixed has me wanting to trade this thing in for something else. I am looking very seriously at the 2008 Expeditions. My wife is not comfortable driving with this issue looming. It also looks like the NHSTA is a dead end too. I wonder what my trade in on a 2006 under driven Off Road would be now.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Cpointpond

Exclamation

My 05 Nissan Armada has been having the same . . . .while driving, my brakes make a crunching noise and do not give full braking power when I am stopping. Sometimes the red dashboard Brake light will come on . . other times, it does not. The brake problem will continue until I turn off the car. It has done this about 5 times . .all times out of warranty . . .and it has been happening in intervals about 3-4 weeks. My computer is not showing any codes, so the service dept is telling me that the service bullentin doesn't apply and they will look into it further. If anyone has anything that seemed to do the trick, please post. It is definitely a safety issue w/ the car.

Last edited by Cpointpond; 10-20-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:12 PM
nightside

Default Loss of braking power

This happened to me twice in the last 6 months. According to a few other posts I guess I'll have to get the software upated. Whatever the hell that means.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:58 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpointpond View Post
My 05 Nissan Armada has been having the same . . . .while driving, my brakes make a crunching noise and do not give full braking power when I am stopping. Sometimes the red dashboard Brake light will come on . . other times, it does not. The brake problem will continue until I turn off the car. It has done this about 5 times . .all times out of warranty . . .and it has been happening in intervals about 3-4 weeks. My computer is not showing any codes, so the service dept is telling me that the service bullentin doesn't apply and they will look into it further. If anyone has anything that seemed to do the trick, please post. It is definitely a safety issue w/ the car.
You should first check the brake fluid level. If that is full jack up the front of the truck and make sure the front wheel bearings don't have any play in them.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:46 PM
angels23

Oh, I've been having the same problem w/my 2006 Nissan Armada. Nissan wants to charge me $600-$800 for the power brake booster. That's just an estimate of what the problem may be. This has happened in the past, but nothing was found. DARN ...what next !!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:51 PM
2006 Armada

It's a relief, somewhat, to know SOOOO many others are experiencing the SAME problem as I am re: the brake light coming on with a loud grinding/moan-groaning sound with a spring-like sound heard after releasing the brake pedal. My dealership says there is nothing in their "bulletins" stating any issues. I've had this happen 3x in 6 months with NO warning. Because I've had SEVERAL brake jobs, I DON'T want to mess around any longer re: my brakes...especially when my life, my kids lives and others lives may be in jeopardy!!! Will be showing these posts to my dealership. Thanks everyone!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:34 PM
dayton

I recently traded my 06 Titan in for an 06 Armada (third child on the way), and I had only had the truck for a month and this same thing happened to me! I bought this vehicle for my wife. Thank goodness she is home on bedrest, because she would have wrecked for sure!
My dealer reprogramed the VDC and says good luck! When I asked if it would happen again, I got told that "no one can predict the future"... I'm not to sure how much I like that answer. So, I am driving the truck for the next couple of weeks to see if it will do it again. If it does it then I ain't shutting the motor off till the codes get read off the d*mn thing!
Old 05-07-2010, 03:16 AM
2006 Armada

After faxing my dealership all the applicable posts from this forum re: the brake light coming on and the strange noises the brakes made, my vehicle "acted up" again...4 the 4th time in 6 months. I INSTANTLY called the dealership and said I was bringinig my truck in. They had never heard any noises like that before; however with the info I had already provided them and with my truck actually "acting up" for them to hear and diagnose...they found that they need to reprogram the VDC. As with you, I'm hoping this is the solution. Sounds like many of us have experienced this problem unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a recall. Congrats on your third!!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:44 AM
dayton

ekfavart- Let us know how it goes for you. I haven't had any problems this week. but then it took a month for it to show up after I bought it. I also don't know what, or if the previous owner had done, or if they experienced this problem.

BTW What year is your Armada?

Last edited by dayton; 05-08-2010 at 07:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-08-2010, 07:45 AM
dayton

also, thanks on the congrats!

Tags
brake, problems