Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Armada Brake Problems. Is the dealer telling the truth? Forums > > Armada Brake Problems. Is the dealer telling the truth? Armada Brake Problems. Is the dealer telling the truth?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 12-08-2011, 05:58 AM
Enthusiast
2009 Altima
2005 Armada
2005 Armada Le

Here is the website address for the law firm:
[email protected]

She will ask you to email any repair documentation records you may have.

Last edited by Boland01; 12-08-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:02 AM
2006 Armada

Red face Brake light warning with grinding noise

To all of you who are having issues with your brake light coming on and then hearing a loud grininding/spring-like sound coming from your brkaes during application. The problem "resets" itself once the vehicle is turned off and turned back on. I had to provide my Nissan dealer with the info re: this since, of course, I was the 1st customer they had heard of having such a problem. After researching the internet and proving the necessary info to the dealer, they realized that the ABS was actuating during normal braking and found code C1179:delta sensor. I provided them with the service bulletin re: reprogramming the VDC. This was done May 2010 and I haven't had any issues since. You can even go on Youtube and watch a video of an individual who videotaped the exact sound of what we all have experienced one time or another. Truly hope this helps everyone.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:08 AM
2004 Armada

Exclamation Braking problem

I thought I was alone until tonight. I live in Atlanta . When I took it to the dealer they can' t seem to find the problem . It has to be real if we all experience it. The truck has to be turned off and back on to reset. It is very scary.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:46 AM
2008 Armada

Angry Armada Brake jerking & Grinding

I've been driving my car and had the same problem it comes out of no where...i'll be driving and not even pressing on the brakes hard and all of a sudden if i press on it slowly it starts to jerk and you hear the grinding noise and the brake light shows up and if I was to press down on the brakes its jerks and its loose, it feels like its not going to stop. Yesterday I got off work was stuck in traffic bumper to bumper "ON THE FREEWAY" and all of a sudden when I pressed down on the breaks "slowly" it happened again..Im stuck on the freeway due to traffic and I have to constantly press on the breaks and with this problem of not able to break completely was terrifying. Luckily it happened when the traffic was clearing so i had to drive as quickly to get off the freeway and into a stop light so that i could stop the car and turn it off and start it back again.....and after that it resets and its back to normal....this has happened to me numerous times. first time it happened i told my husband he checked it out said nothing is wrong with it then it happened again he changed my breaks and yesterday it did it again.. and for some odd reason it only happens when i drive the damn thing!!!! i have no clue to why my car is doing this i am afraid to drive it..Thanks to everyones post i can show my husband that I am not crazy!!! There has to be a recall on this....its seriously not safe!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:51 PM
2005 Armada
2005 Armada

Default Brakes ABS Engaging, Brake Failure

I have a 2005 Armada and I had this happen to me on the highway about 5 years ago. I took it to an independent shop, and he found a solution through his online resources. He said that this condition could be fixed by cleaning the contact on the connectors that attach to the brake booster. He got out the contact cleaner, and it did the trick. After 5 years, it didn't ever happen again, until about 5 days ago. I solved the problem by simply turning the car off and on again. It did not set a code. It hasn't happened again since, but I will be cleaning these contacts again.

I hope this helps, as this was a simple fix that worked for quite some time. I believe that intermittent contact could cause these sensor errors that have been reported.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:30 AM
Enthusiast
2009 Altima
2005 Armada
2005 Armada Le

I just got a notice of a class action lawsuit settlement in the mail last night. Nissan did not admit fault but set aside funds to repay owners and former owners who have had the brake delta sensor replaced.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:26 PM
2005 Armada
2005 Armada

I'm looking for anyone in Canada that has had this call transport Canada and report it even if you do not own car. please post message if it has happened please and thank you
Old 08-12-2015, 06:36 PM
2006 Armada

Default Same Issue TODAY!

Hello Everyone...

I also had the same issue today where my brakes failed. I was able to slow it down and move off of the road, but I am appalled at how frequent of an issue this is. I had my 3 children in the car and I am so thankful that I was going slow enough and had enough space between the car in front of me that I could turn off the road.

Then I get it towed to the dealer and they find NOTHING!!! They said maybe the delta sensor could have caused it as it did show a code, but they couldn't prove that the code was from today. Then I do a little online research and I find it consumed with the same issue. Including a class action lawsuit!

I can not believe Nissan is turning an eye to this major issue... these are our brakes! I do not feel comfortable driving this vehicle again!
Old 08-12-2015, 06:59 PM
2005 Armada
2005 Armada

You in Canada????
Old 08-12-2015, 07:09 PM
2006 Armada

No I'm not.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:27 AM
2004 Armada

Default Same thing happened twice this week

I was driving a few days ago, and all three of those lights came on with the horrible grinding noise when I put my brakes on. In a panic, I pulled over and turned the car off, then on again and everything went away.

Today while driving, the brake light went on and the same noise when applying brakes. I decided to drive right to the mechanic and I left the car on so they could hear the noise.

(I just had my front brakes and rotors replaced two weeks ago, as well as 4 new tires).

They told me it was in reference to the TSB: DCT C1179. The first step would be to scan it and reset the codes (cost: $200). If that didn't work, then I'd need to replace the brake booster (Not sure if that's the correct name, something about the part that's the brake's main control center). That would cost ~$1,500.

I read in this thread something about a lawsuit regarding this. Am I out these costs? is there something else I should have them do instead? I don't have a clue and feel like I get taken advantage of the moment I walk into a car place because I'm female… =)

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2016, 09:24 AM
2008 Armada

PlanetMaxwell:

I just bought my 2008 Armada a month ago & I had the brake light & no brake issue happen to me twice last week. Needless to say I'm not driving it...I'm scared of it. Can you give me an update; if you had it repaired? If so, how much was it? Did repair work & no issues since or if you didn't repair. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:01 AM
2006 Armada

I bought a used 2006 Nissan armada in 2013. On May 27, 2016 coming home from the hospital after having my newborn my truck brake light came on and when the brakes where applied it went all way down and made a grinding noise. I didn't drive it after that (Scared) until last week when I had dealer service adviser check my brakes and stated my brakes were fine. I then continued to drive it and today I had the some thing happen again brake light came on and brake pedal went down making that grinding noise. I don't think I can ever drive this truck again and risk my 4 children's safety or anyone else. I know there is a lawsuit for brake booster but is replacing this repairing this issue? I don't think I will ever buy a Nissan again.

Last edited by veroorozco83; 07-26-2016 at 03:14 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:06 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

"I don't think I will ever buy a Nissan again I'll just stick with American made cars."

The Armada is made in Canton, Mississippi.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:24 AM
2008 Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by veroorozco83 View Post
I bought a used 2006 Nissan armada in 2013. On May 27, 2016 coming home from the hospital after having my newborn my truck brake light came on and when the brakes where applied it went all way down and made a grinding noise. I didn't drive it after that (Scared) until last week when I had dealer service adviser check my brakes and stated my brakes were fine. I then continued to drive it and today I had the some thing happen again brake light came on and brake pedal went down making that grinding noise. I don't think I can ever drive this truck again and risk my 4 children's safety or anyone else. I know there is a lawsuit for brake booster but is replacing this repairing this issue? I don't think I will ever buy a Nissan again.
I understand how you feel; very scary & the potential of what could've been constantly replaying my head. I honestly had lost all confidence in the Armada. But because I really liked the Armada I went ahead & took it to the dealer. Long story short, dealer replaced the Delta Sensor & reprogrammed the brake booster. Total about $1100. It's been about 6 weeks since all of that was completed & I haven't had any issues since. If I do have brake issues I will update this post.

Tags
armada, brake, dealer, problems, telling, truth