Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
armada hydraulic brake malfunction Forums > > armada hydraulic brake malfunction armada hydraulic brake malfunction
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 02-09-2011, 05:55 AM
kitty91303

Exclamation armada hydraulic brake malfunction

i would like to know how many people have had their anti lock breaks intermtiently engage for no reason on dry clear road surfaces( ex. sunny 90 degree clear road in the middle of the summer)? the vehicle leaves you with very little breaking ability and when you finally are able to pull to the side of the road i turn the car off wait a min. then turn it on and the memory is then wiped out and the problem goes away.the nhtsa has numerous people with this vehicle with that complaint, and nissan does not seem to be able to fix this problem in numerous vehicles( everyone seems to continue to have this prob even after it is "fixed") i have already brought it in 3 times , the first was the reprog. with the c1179 code and the problem came back a few months later and have brought it in since then with these problems just not happening at that moment because when it happens i cannot drive the vehicle with little brakes so i shut it off and turn on the car again and take it to the dealer and then what happens they are unable to " recreate" the problem. nissan HQ after speaking with the dealer only suggests that i leave my vehicle for a undetermined amout of time(could be a week or could be many weeks to months ) before they can hopefully recreate the problem and that i am to pay for a rental for the time being! that would lead to a redicilous astronomical bill which i cannot afford nor any sane person would be able to either. the other suggestion i was given was to drive it till this unsafe condition happens and to drive it while this is happening to a dealer so the car is not shut off so that the problem does not get temporarily wiped out of the memory. that is not acceptable either.does anyone have suggestions or the same situation where there is a solution to this malfunction???
Old 02-09-2011, 02:32 PM
2015 Rogue

Check for a loose wheel bearing. It is pretty common.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:05 AM
kitty91303

if a loose wheel bearing is very common why has no one noticed this and i have had tires, rotors and brakes replaced, this problem has occured since before and after these things have been done why would someone not notice that or if it is common why did nissan tech headquaters not tell the mechanics to ckeck that out. Also if it is a loose wheel bearing why would the abs light indicator go on when the problem occurs???
Old 03-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Enthusiast
2009 Altima
2005 Armada
2005 Armada Le

What a timely post. Last week while my wife was driving home suddenly when she went to brake and without warning the brake pedal went to the floor, the brakes made a weird sound (ABS?) and the brake warning lights came on. Oh, she had virtually no brakes either.

Fortunately, she used her emergency brake. When I got home I started our 2005 Armada and the brakes worked fine. The next morning I checked everything including the master cylinder, brakes, calipers and even hooked up my code reader. I couldn't find anything. After reading numerous threads on the forums showing other people had the exact same issue we took it in to the dealer.

They told us it did set a code and that a sensor in the brake booster malfunctioned. $760.00 later after installing a new brake booster I just hope the problem is solved as the dealer assures me it is. This type of problem will lead to a fatality someday.

To me it is a design defect that the brakes malfunction if a sensor goes out. Further, it's a poor design if you have to replace the entire brake booster assembly for a sensor.

I'm holding on to my receipt hoping the NTSHA wakes up some day and considers this a safety issue. Go on their sight and you can view numerous incidents.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:19 AM
jjumala

I have the same brake problem, after you turn it off the engine a few and turn it on again, then you will face the problem red light indicator on speedometer foothbrake and when you push down the brake sound is like broken ABS, if any knows the problem please shares. Jundam J.A Doha state of Qatar my e-mail add [email protected] I had an Armada 2006 model

Tags
armada, brake, hydraulic, malfunction