View Full Version : 07 Maxima Tire Pressure Light

pagalm
10-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Hello!

Quick question and hopefully someone has the answer.

Is there a way to get the tire pressure light taken off without taking it to the dealer?

My light came on this morning while driving to work. I took it to get the oil changed after work and they checked all the tires and they are all set at 35.

The light had come on like 3 months ago also and once the tires were filled to 35 (one had dropped to 32), the light did not come off and I had to take it to the dealer to get it taken off..

mpe235
10-10-2007, 03:59 PM
It should go off after driving with the tires properly inflated.

pagalm
10-10-2007, 04:00 PM
I drove for over a week the last time it came on and it didn't come off by itself. Could something else be wrong? It seemed kind of funny that it came on today and the the tires were all at normal inflation..

vpnavy
10-11-2007, 12:42 AM
1. Check your tires in the morning BEFORE you drive your Maxima. It is best to check tires when they are cool.

2. If all tires are correct - I've read a bunch of threads where they pumped the RIGHT front tire first up to 40 - drove the car over 16MPH for a while and the light went out. If the light didn't go out, they then pumped up each tire (one at a time - test drive) up to 40 and that cleared the TPMS. They then deflated the tire(s) to the correct PSI.

Let us know if this works...

jimigee
10-15-2007, 11:21 AM
not sure on a Maxima..but does it have a full size spare...with a sensor?.. could be the problem.. I've seen it happen on 'Yotas

vpnavy
10-15-2007, 11:36 AM
not sure on a Maxima..but does it have a full size spare...with a sensor?.. could be the problem.. I've seen it happen on 'Yotas

I just pulled this from the 2007 Maxima Service Manual...

Starting and driving 5-3

Additional information: The TPMS does not monitor the tire pressure of the spare tire.

When a spare tire is mounted or a wheel is replaced, the TPMS will not function and the low tire pressure warning light will flash for approximately 1 minute. The light will remain on after 1 minute. Contact your NISSAN dealer as soon as possible for tire replacement and/or system resetting.