View Full Version : Auto Tranny service manual

459fitter
05-25-2012, 07:56 PM
I am sure this has been asked alot, does anyone have a PDF of the Xterra tranny service manual that they may be willing to upload? I checked the knowledgebase and only found a Manual tranny manual. Any help would be appreciated. Also if anyone has any suggestions about replacing the tranny cooler, let me know. My cousin has an 05 that is showing the symptoms of radiator failure. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Vanaspatti
05-26-2012, 04:10 AM
Do a web search for bypassing the trans cooler. There is a YouTube video that shows you how to do it. You can get an external cooler at a parts store and install it yourself. Basically you disconnect the trans lines from the radiator and run a piece of tube from one radiator connection to the other to reseal the radiator. Then you either do the same with the transmission lines. Or run transmission lines to an external cooler. You can also go to U-haul and they will sell you an external cooler and install it for around $100.

NissanTech
05-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Service manual "Automatic Transmission" section ready to download here: 2005 Xterra Service Manual - Loose Sections - Free with Registration - Nissanhelp.com (http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase.html?catid=126)