View Full Version : 2011 Murano & iPhone phonebook

Ayoung24
01-08-2011, 01:22 PM
I've had my 2011 Murano SL for 10 days, read the manuals but still can't figure how to get my handsfree phone system to access numbers from my iPhone phonebook. The iPhone is paired via Bluetooth, and works fine if I speak the phone number or have incoming call. I can make calls from the iphone contacts, but how can I get the handsfree system to call a number when I say the contact's name? Driving me nuts.

mpe235
01-08-2011, 02:00 PM
According to Nissan's website the iphone phonebook option doesn't work with the bluetooth system.

Ayoung24
01-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Do you know a workaround?

JAMman
03-14-2011, 04:39 PM
My Droid X contacts are recognized by my 2011 Murano SL. I can say the contact's name using voice recognition and it finds it, usually on the first try. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but at least it looks like communication between iPhone and Nissan needs tweaking.

mtn_lion
04-29-2011, 06:22 PM
I have the same issue as Ayoung24: the Nissan's 'phonebook' seems to be syncing with my iPhone 3GS--a phone that is fully supported, according to Nissan's Web site--but if I try to initiate a call from the car's call button, it almost never recognizes anyone's name.

On the other hand, if I initiate a call by pressing the PHONE's voice dial button, the car's Bluetooth system work's flawlessly as a simple handsfree: I hear the phone's beep, I say "call so-and-so," the PHONE responds (using the PHONE's address book) and the call proceeds--all through the car's audio system. (And the sound is great.)

That's exactly how my $80 Bluetooth headset works; you press its button and you're talking through it to the PHONE. The headset doesn't try to duplicate the perfectly good address book that already lives on the phone.

I'm really tired of having to have the phone right next to me in the car and having to take one hand away from driving to press the phone's voice dial button to initiate calls to people in my address book.

So my complaint/suggestion is this: In my $24,000 Nissan, why in heck don't I have the option to use the car's call button to initiate a conversation WITH THE PHONE--like any other handsfree device--instead of only with Nissan's hugely lame 'phonebook' system? I call on Nissan to remedy this oversight and issue a firmware update for its Bluetooth system, providing this option, as fast as humanly possible.

bengun
07-18-2013, 12:48 PM
I have the same problem with my 2010 Murano. Just spoke with a Nissan salesperson where I live (Alberta Canada) - he suggests to try manually uploading your contact list from the iPhone to the Murano. I haven't tried that yet, but I will this evening. Glen Berry

mtn_lion
07-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Good luck with that. If they would just let the car's bluetooth speak to the phone's voice dialing system, like any cheap bluetooth headset can do, there wouldn't be a problem.

bengun
07-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Agreed - but given they don't - this may be a solution to the problem - I'll know later tonight..