Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
99 altima security problem Forums > > 99 altima security problem 99 altima security problem
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 09-07-2006, 06:22 PM
mdflint

Question 99 altima security problem

My 1999 Altima GXE did this:
Yesterday when I turned off the car I noticed the security system was beeping, but I couldnt find a reason so I just locked up and left it like that.
This morning I couldnt unlock the doors, but I could open the trunk. I finally figured out I had to turn the key in the wrong direction on the passenger side to get in. The drivers side lock still doesnt work.
There's no power for anything, when I turn the key nothing happens. There's no reason why the battery should be dead except if the security light and beeping noise stayed on all night.

Is there a security system reset button ? What is happening here and how do I fix it? I bought the car used at the end of July - as is, no repair records. Up till now it has run beautifully. Please help.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

to Nissanhelp.com forums!!

No there is no reset button.

First you need to jump the battery and start the car, if the battery was in a good condition before this problem happen, it should be able to start and recover the charge.

Once you got the car starting the lock should work properly. If you still have a problem, then more inspections is needed.

- Start by checking the the door adjustment. Make sure all the doors are closing properly. If the doors are not closing the alarm will not set, and the light will reaming ON all the time.

-Check if the key lock/unlock function is working on all the doors. If one of the doors is not locking/unlocking "with the key" the the door lock mechanism for that door may be damage and needs to be replaced.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:54 AM
mdflint

We were unsuccessful inm starting it and had it towed to Nissan - battery is fine. Is it possible to remove anti-theft, or bypass it?
Thank you for your assistance
Old 12-19-2017, 04:46 PM
1999 Altima Sedan

I have no key how do i get it off so it can start

Tags
altima, problem, security