Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
front windows rolling down and doors unlocking by themselves on 2007 Altima Forums > > front windows rolling down and doors unlocking by themselves on 2007 Altima front windows rolling down and doors unlocking by themselves on 2007 Altima
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 12-30-2010, 07:08 AM
brianx22

Boy am I glad I bought the base model. My car does not have this feature :)
Old 01-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2002 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach069 View Post
I can almost guarantee it's your Key FOB. I had the same problem last year. Got some sand in it, or one of the nieces/nephew stepped on it or something, but my 03 would do the same thing. I took the batteries out of the key fob, and have never had the problem again.

I popped it open, cleaned the key fob out (found some sand from the beach,) but couldn't see anything wrong with the little circuit board, put it back together, and it would still randomly unlock/roll down the windows. I played around with it and found that any kind of pressure on the casing would cause the windows to go down and the doors to unlock. Been without a key fob since.

Your best bet is to go to a dealer and have them setup a new key fob for you.
---I believe on the 2002-2006 Altimas, you can program the fob yourself. I bought one off Ebay, matched the FCC ID# from the original and found the instructions online.

I was done in five minutes. You have to program all the remotes at once. Nothing to it really...

I got the fob for $15 on Ebay and it was in new condition. You can find the FCC ID chart on this forum in the Knowledge base.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:17 PM
2005 Altima Sedan
2005 3.5 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesewhizz View Post
PROBLEM SOLVED!! 2005 Altima 3.5... Windows going down when car is off etc...

I can't believe how rediculously simplistic this problem was, apparently it was condensation on the inside door lock wiring! (although I saw nothing wet)

After purchasing an used power window master switch for $16.00 on ebay a few days ago and realized that did NOT solve my problem, I decided to take a look on the inside of the door panel after reading posts stating that it could be a shorted wire on the door lock wiring etc..

I took the panel off, it was easier than first thought since there are no clips, they are a push and hold type so it's easy to remove and put back on after removing the hidden screws. This link was helpful... 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Front Door Panel Removal Procedure

Anyhow after getting the panel off, I noticed that it is quite difficult to get in there and remove the door lock itself, so I decided to spray something that would evaporate quickly, so I used mass air flow spray (that's all I had) on the connection wiring just behind the lock itself... Wouldn't you know it, I plugged the master switches back in to complete the electrical loop, put the key in the door and turned/held and the window went down!!! I couldn't believe it...

I got to thinking, after having this car for 6 years with no issues... I usually wash my car myself but lately I've been lazy and have been taking it to the spray and wash, I just wonder if I'm unecessarily getting water in the door lock?? Hmmm??

The only thing I would try before getting into the panel, buy some evaporative type spray or even white grease and spray it into the key hole first and see what happens, you never know...

Hope this helps!

Rudy ;-))
STATUS UPDATE:

Well today is January 16th, 2011... After the fix I did above at the end of December, the windows have worked fine and I haven't had one issue! I really don't believe the key fob's have anything to do with the windows rolling down by themselves, it is a moisture issue with the inside of the door lock.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:31 PM
tk94040

it happened to me by accident, below is copied from my Maxima quick reference manual page 5:

"The NISSAN Intelligent Key™

Open windows - Press the (UNLOCK) button longer than 3 seconds after all
the doors are unlocked to open the front windows. (The keyfob is not
able to close the windows after opening them.)"

Last edited by tk94040; 09-22-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:20 AM
rosmithy

Default My problem seems fixed

My 2007 Altima was not used for 5 months or so and the battery went dead. After that was when this problem of the windows going down seemed to occur. I bought a new key fob at Nissan and had them program it to hopefully alleviate the problem but no luck. I started carrying the fob in my hand to be sure that the unlock button was not getting accidentally pressed. I had noticed that my key would no longer unlock the door, which I thought was strange but did not tied it to the windows. The "lock rod" as the mechanic called it had came loose and he reconnected it. The Nissan dealer said that this could cause the windows to go down as a security "feature". It may start happening again today, but it has been three days now since it happened.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:37 AM
2002 Pathfinder
2014 Murano

OK People 2002 Nissan Pathfinder windows on both front doors go down,car unlocks and flashers blink while parked and locked.Heres the problem I found and how it was fixed. Take the drivers side door panel off,all the way to the left hand side under the plastic barrier you will see a connector with three wires in it one is black one is blue and the other is yellow.just unplug it.You can't lower the windows with the key from the door lock but everything else works just like it is supposed to.Oh and the doors don't unlock on their own anymore while parked and locked.It drove me crazy so I sure hope it helps some of you,My wife with her nissans,I'm a faithful General Motors driver,But the wife swears by nissan what can you do.

Tags
2007, altima, doors, front, rolling, unlocking, windows