Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 Altima 2.5SL Questions Forums > > 2007 Altima 2.5SL Questions 2007 Altima 2.5SL Questions
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 09-25-2007, 05:05 PM
sanman

Default 2007 Altima 2.5SL Questions

I have a few questions for all you fellow Altima owners (and techies). Hopefully someone can shed some light on my inquiries

I bought a 2007 Altima used (1900 miles) so it only came with one intelligent remote. Is there anyway for me to purchase a new remote from Ebay and program it myself? Are there any special equipments required? Are there even instructions available?

Just wondering if anyone encountered this on their Altima. When the vehicle is travelling approx. 30 mile/hr (with the RPM at approx. 1100), does your vehicle shake? Well, it's more like a shimmy (sp ?) It's so weird. I'm thinking it's from the tranny becuase if I apply the brakes (reduce speed) or apply the gas pedal (increase speed) it dissappears. You can literally see the shifter knob move back and forth almost like it's vibrating. The entire car shakes this way. I can't duplicate it all the time but lately it's happening more often since I am now paying attention to it. Of course, when I bring it to the dealer, they can't duplicate it. Heck they couldn't even hear the metal grinding noise coming from the brakes. That's another story.

Even though I am not happy about the dealer service, so far I have really enjoyed the car. It's quiet; handles great for a big car; good on gas; and it's luxurious in the SL trim. Not bad for a mainstream family car. And the interior! Finally, an interior from a new Nissan that I can compare to our old 91 Maxima.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:08 PM
2015 Rogue

You cannot program the I-key yourself. You will need the nissan scan tool to do it.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2007 Altima Sedan
2007 Altima 2.5SL

I suggest you go back to the seller and insist that you provide you with another key (smart key, intelli-key, or whatever they call it. If you bought from the dealer, go back. If they can't help, go to a higher level (district or whatever). The new cars come with two keys. We bought a new 2007 about three weeks ago. Our saleman said the new key assembly cost around $300.
Your dealership should be willing to help you out or I would learn from the experience and take my business elsewhere. Your warranty is good anywhere.

Rick

Sorry I can't help with the mechanical issues but the car is under warranty. Use it! You have already paid for it. I have been out of the business for about 13 years but I still know a little bit about how it works.

Tags
2007, 25sl, altima, questions