Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 2.5s Hard Starting Problem Forums > > 2005 2.5s Hard Starting Problem 2005 2.5s Hard Starting Problem
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 02-11-2010, 05:55 AM
b1ynd

Im going to try the Throttle cleaning part to see if it works since ive tried everything else im used to it by now XD ill post the results after i try it :p
Old 03-06-2010, 09:51 AM
2004 Altima

Hey all -
Just wanted to post that I had this same problem on my 04 Altima last summer. I took it to a mechanic, who got the crank sensor code, ordered the part and replaced it... seemed fine that day, then started doing it again next day. I took it back, so he researched the problem and came up with the recall from Nissan. Said the Nissan bulletin instructed replacing the sensor THEN bringing the car into dealer for onboard computer firmware update. So I did that, have not had the problem since.
Good luck.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:17 AM
2005 Altima Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticket View Post
When this happened the first (and I guess the only) time, was the car hot?
I have a similar issue with my 2005 Altima 2.5, after I have been driving on the highway for few hours. It is difficult to start and requires me to pump the pedal several times while turning the ignition. The service engine light comes on also. After I get back in town, the starting problem goes away and a couple of days later the service engine light goes out. In particular, it has happened when I have driven a few hours and I stop for gas. I had the codes read and they were crankshaft position sensor and engine speed circuit. I find it strange though that they clear up around town, and are only an issue after driving several hours and stopping for gas. I am going to replace the gas cap before I do anything else because of issues I have read about with the gas caps and loss of vacuum in the fuel tank. If anyone has experience with this...pls share.
I'm having the same exactly the same problem with this on the 2005 Altima I just bought! Sometimes it will crank once or twice and then go, or it will crank 3-4, one time it didn't start for 3 tries of 4+ cranks. Autozone said the crankshaft position sensor is bad, and I'm getting that fixed, But I don't know if I should invest into getting anything else fixed. Service engine light is on obviously, I guess the dealer was just having it turned off.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:41 AM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

i would also replace the camshaft sensor even if you don't have the p0340 code . they're one and the same part.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2003 Altima 2.5S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmurphy727 View Post
I'm having the same exactly the same problem with this on the 2005 Altima I just bought! Sometimes it will crank once or twice and then go, or it will crank 3-4, one time it didn't start for 3 tries of 4+ cranks. Autozone said the crankshaft position sensor is bad, and I'm getting that fixed, But I don't know if I should invest into getting anything else fixed. Service engine light is on obviously, I guess the dealer was just having it turned off.

The starting issues are due to many different reasons, but not sure how you came up with the Crankshaft position sensor being faulty. The Camshaft position sensor is the sensor to replace when you start having these cranking issues. Make sure you have autozone put a OBD2 scanner on your car and get the proper code before paying anything. As bennyb53 mentioned, both Camshaft and Crankshaft position sensor are the same part, the difference is that one gives you starting issues, while the other one will stall your vehicle either on the road or sitting at a red light.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:38 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Default 2.5s Altima

I have all the above problems, wont turn over after being driven a short while, having to add coolant, changed my CPS sensors twice, taken car to the dealership who changed the Mass Air Flow sensor, NO PREVAIL! Any ideas here? I cannot help but to think of fuel related problems, i.e.: pump, injectors, pressure or line but i am no mechanic; wouldn't Nissan think of these things also? Someone mentioned Fuel Cap, could that be it? What about cleaning the injectors? Please someone help getting desperate here!! thanks ALL!!!

Rico 909

Tags
2005, 25s, hard, problem, starting