Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Crankshaft and camshaft sensors not same? Forums > > Crankshaft and camshaft sensors not same? Crankshaft and camshaft sensors not same?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 08-31-2007, 05:08 PM
nisaltima

Default Crankshaft and camshaft sensors not same?

As I was buying new camshaft sensor from the dealer(surprisingly it was cheaper than buying from oreilly or autozone) parts guy asked me which one, cam or crank. I said whatever you've got in stock...there the same aren't they. He said "up until about 3 days ago, nissan finally figured out there is difference" I asked if he knew more info, but said he didn't. Has anyone else heard about this.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:13 PM
billwestfall

I seen your post and it interested me very much. Just 4-6 wks ago I had a tune up done and they told me I needed a new camshaft sensor. Mine is a 2002 altima 2.5 4 cyl, they told me they were all the same but it didn't resemble the original that came out of it. Matter of fact the box said crank sensor but we were told they are the same. Let me know if you find out anything more and i will do likewise.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:07 PM
2015 Rogue

The cam and crank sensors on the altima are the same part #. The old recall kits showed 2 different sensors in the kit, one for cam and one for crank now all the new ones show they fit either one.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:18 PM
2005 Maxima

Default 05 maxima camshaft crank shaft

I recently changes a Vias solenoid on 05 maxima. Now i need to change the cam/crank shaft sensors.

I ordered on ebay but i realize the 2 that i ordered together look alike. But from what i've seen online they both have a different shape, one is straight and one is curved at the top.

So does it matter that they are both the same, will it still work or do i need to get the other one.
Also i just read i should not get after market ones? The ones i ordered i dont think they are OEm or what ever. I did see a set that had both that looks correct and also the part numbers does show which are the same ones i have on my car. So i think i should just order those and
cancel the first order.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Altima
2005 Altima

I hear both ways, but nothing to support either one being right or wrong.
All I do know for sure is they dont like aftermarket sensors regardless
Old 11-09-2016, 06:07 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Stick with genuine Nissan sensors.

Tags
camshaft, crankshaft, sensors