Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2011 Sputters only when trying to quickly accelerate Forums > > 2011 Sputters only when trying to quickly accelerate 2011 Sputters only when trying to quickly accelerate
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 05-11-2021, 01:21 PM
2011 Altima Sedan

Default 2011 Sputters only when trying to quickly accelerate

I'm new to this forum and not sure if this is the right way or spot to post this. If it isn't, I apologise in advance, just really could use some advice from anyone who may have some experience or knowledge on the issue that I'm currently searching to troubleshoot and repair..

I recently bought a 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 with 104,000 miles on it. When purchased, the car ran perfect, no Check Engine Light on, no issues whatsoever. Also, I wasn't informed of any sort of previous problems or repairs... The car continued to drive with zero issues, I even made a few 100-150 mile trips involving both Highway and City driving, with the car constantly running for hours. And not a single hiccup of any kind took place.

Fast forward 3 weeks later, and the car being used as daily driver in normal city conditions everyday.. About 3-4 days ago while driving no different than what has been driven everyday since having it. While accelerating slightly more than normal take off to turn and get into traffic, the car had a little sputter feeling happen when reaching 2000ish rpm and shifting @ 20 mph.. Which freaked me out majorly, but the rest of the drive it never once happened again. But over the past few days, it has seemed to happen way more frequently. It also began to on a few occasions also have a slight sputter happen while at about 40mph, while I was again trying to gain speed just slightly quicker and the rpms around 2000 again.. Also, it went from one single small sputter when it would happen, to starting yesterday the few times it did happen, would do 3 significantly rougher sputters than when it first occurred..Also, this entire time no codes have been thrown, in fact the only thing shown is a warning message about the Tire Pressure Sensor.

I discovered yesterday, that if I accelerate real slow the entire time, not letting the rpms get above 1500, maybe even lower than that. It won't do it at all. Which has been okay for where I've been driving. The speed limit never more than 55 and red lights the whole way, never needing to get speed quickly like I would on an interstate.

I've tried to search a little, but nothing seems to sound like what I'm experiencing. And I spent all I had buying the car, so while accelerating slowly keeps it from happening, I am trying to get to the bottom of it and do whatever has to be done to correct the issue and help make sure that the car stays running how it was when first purchased, and I don't end up totally SOL and ending up with a repair bill way beyond anything I can afford or it just completely done for and I be in a position that idk how I would be able to get out of...

If anyone at all has any ideas or knowledge about what's happening, what I can do to diagnose it, or some things I can try. Please help me out!!!! Anything at all helps me out more than I currently am.

Thank you so much in advance.
Old 06-26-2022, 11:22 AM
2005 Altima Sedan
2005 Altima S 2.5

My 2005 2.5 s does it too, only at certain throttle points, little less or moderate gas and it smooth out. Still replacing stuff, haven't found it yet. I'm down to failing catalytic converter SES light p0420, new o2 sensor is here today, or bad motor mounts or intake collector butterfly valves.
I for sure have code p0420, and bad mounts, leaking gasket somewhere heads or above , and need transmission fluid service.
Right at 206k miles
Old 08-24-2022, 01:52 AM
2006 Armada

Travisjordannn- did you ever figure this out? I've got a 2011 doing the exact same thing! Ugh, bumms me out

Tags
accelerate, quickly, sputters