Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Altima no crank issue Forums > > 2005 Altima no crank issue 2005 Altima no crank issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 03-19-2021, 11:44 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Default 2005 Altima no crank issue

Hello and thanks for your help, 2005 Altima will not crank in park unless the shift actuator on the transmission is rotated hard counter clockwise to the very end of its travel. It has a spring loaded tension in this small area and I wondered if there is a switch in the transmission that its pushing against. I can hear it activating a relay. I adjusted (pre loaded) the shifter cable enough to activate the sensor that turns on the starter relay then the trans isn't in sync with the shifter gate in the center console. Neutral will be in the Drive slot and Drive is in the D2 slot and so on. The park neutral position switch doesn't seem to activate the relay when its adjusted but I could be wrong. I tried adjusting that sensor and it doesn't allow it to start in park. I know the sensor is in the park position as it indicates it on the dash board. Is it the shift cable being worn? I replaced the Park Neutral position switch it starts in neutral fine. Is the Park Neutral sensor the only sensor that tells the starter relay to activate in Park? Thank you again.

Last edited by efi5phd; 03-19-2021 at 12:54 PM.

Tags
altima, crank, issue