Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
HVAC Light (27545-8J100) replacement part Forums > > HVAC Light (27545-8J100) replacement part HVAC Light (27545-8J100) replacement part
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 12-13-2020, 09:21 AM
2002 Altima Sedan

Lightbulb HVAC Light (27545-8J100) replacement part

Hello hello!

I have a 2002 Nissan Altima whose HVAC control panel backlight burned out (making it difficult/impossible to see the labels on the buttons at night).

A few years ago I took the car in to an independent shop to get this fixed. The said that they'd have to replace the entire HVAC control module, but they could only find a couple of damaged ones in junkyards. I declined to have a damaged module installed.

A few months ago I took the car in to a different independent shop, and they also said the whole module needed to be replaced, but they were unable to find any replacements at this point, even in junkyards.

As a last-ditch effort I took it into a Nissan dealership. The dealership charged me $380 to open up the existing module and replace the lightbulbs inside.

It worked! Briefly, anyway. After ~a month the left half of the HVAC control module went dark again. I brought it back to the dealership and they told me that the Nissan parts network had exhausted its supply of the bulb (27545-8J100), and they were unable to source a replacement so they sent me on my way with the half-dark HVAC control unit.

Searching around online I found this site which seemed promising, but they cancelled my order for the bulb a few days after I placed it, saying that it was out of stock. The dealer told me that sites like that one just by parts from Nissan's network and flip them, so that was to be expected.

I got the dealer to give me the burned-out bulb; here is what it looks like (sorta a stunted Christmas-tree light):

27545-8J100 - Album on Imgur

I plan to try taking it apart and seeing if I can replace the actual "bulb" and reuse the mounting assembly.

Before I go hog-wild with that plan though, I wanted to reach out to see if anyone else has encountered this problem before and knows of any alternatives/advice.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:38 PM
2008 370Z Roadster
1999 Altima Sedan

I Had some wheel bearing noise on my wifes 04 altima 3.5s with abs. I found a deal on both rear wheel bearings so i figured what the heck and at the same time did the rear shocks. inspected both new wheel bearing to ensure that they had the exciter rings which they did. after i got it all buttoned up i took it for a drive and shortly after 10-15 mhp the abs engaged while moving without braking. after few stops and starts the tcs and abs light came on disengaging the abs all together. I then pulled her back in the garage removed the wheel bearings to ensure that they seated properly cleaned everything up to no avail its still doing it. i didnt bump touch or damage the speed sensors although i had to smack the wheel bearings once or twice to get them off. Anyone have this problem..do i need to scan the ecm and remove codes to clear the trouble??? this is a real pain with it being winter i wouldn't mind the wife having abs and tcs thanks in advance. Download Galaxy World 777 APK

Last edited by mikeegoldi; 08-28-2023 at 07:52 PM.

Tags
27545-8j100, hvac, light, part, replacement