Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2003 Nissan Altima Bleeder Valve Location Forums > > 2003 Nissan Altima Bleeder Valve Location 2003 Nissan Altima Bleeder Valve Location
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 02-09-2020, 11:29 AM
2003 Altima Sedan

Default 2003 Nissan Altima Bleeder Valve Location

Hello Fellow Nissan Altima Experts,

I have a 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5S with 209K miles on it. Is there a coolant bleeder valve on this engine, if so, where is it located? The issue I am having is that sometime I get heat and sometime I don't, even when I am driving. I also get no heat at idle even after car has been driving for some time. The temperature gauge shows that it is almost at half way where the squiggly line is at.

I recently change my radiator, it's a not a Nissan part and refill the coolant. I have watched some of the youtube videos on how to purge the system like putting the car up on a ramp, use a coat hanger wire bent like a u shape and sticking it in the radiator cap between the black seal and then hang the reservoir tank up while letting the engine run for 30 minutes or longer as this will bleed any air out. After doing so, I do seem to have hot air, but after driving it a few days, the issue is back, no heat. I have also use a spill free funnel, like the Lisle funnel system but using this spill free funnel does not seem to have a tight fit on the radiator top with their adapters during the purging process therefore causing coolant to leak out. Although the kit does come with other adapters, I did use the best one that fit for my radiator.

Actions Done So Far;

1) replace thermostat (inlet valve) with OEM Nissan part, have not replace the one in the outlet valve
2) replace radiator cap with none OEM (AutoZone Duralast Cap)
3) replace blender door actuator with OEM Nissan part

Once again, if someone can tell me where the bleeder valve is on this engine, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again for your time and looking forward to your advice.

Thanks,

Joe
Old 02-10-2020, 02:01 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacook View Post
Hello Fellow Nissan Altima Experts,

I have a 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5S with 209K miles on it. Is there a coolant bleeder valve on this engine, if so, where is it located? The issue I am having is that sometime I get heat and sometime I don't, even when I am driving. I also get no heat at idle even after car has been driving for some time. The temperature gauge shows that it is almost at half way where the squiggly line is at.

I recently change my radiator, it's a not a Nissan part and refill the coolant. I have watched some of the youtube videos on how to purge the system like putting the car up on a ramp, use a coat hanger wire bent like a u shape and sticking it in the radiator cap between the black seal and then hang the reservoir tank up while letting the engine run for 30 minutes or longer as this will bleed any air out. After doing so, I do seem to have hot air, but after driving it a few days, the issue is back, no heat. I have also use a spill free funnel, like the Lisle funnel system but using this spill free funnel does not seem to have a tight fit on the radiator top with their adapters during the purging process therefore causing coolant to leak out. Although the kit does come with other adapters, I did use the best one that fit for my radiator.

Actions Done So Far;

1) replace thermostat (inlet valve) with OEM Nissan part, have not replace the one in the outlet valve
2) replace radiator cap with none OEM (AutoZone Duralast Cap)
3) replace blender door actuator with OEM Nissan part

Once again, if someone can tell me where the bleeder valve is on this engine, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again for your time and looking forward to your advice.

Thanks,

Joe
The car doesn't have a bleeder. You need a spill free funnel. Put it on the radiator ,fill it with coolant, lift the front of the car up as high as you can get it and then bleed the air .

Tags
altima, bleeder, location, nissan, valve