Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
P0340 and its not the sensor! Forums > > P0340 and its not the sensor! P0340 and its not the sensor!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 08-14-2019, 03:29 PM
2006 Altima Sedan

Default P0340 and its not the sensor!

Ok I am kinda lost.
Got the 2006 Altima 3.5L V6 to my shop after it previously stalled 2km before and wouldn't start again. Read the code and P0340 came up. A rather generic code but since its a common issue with those I ordered a new sensor for bank 1, along with a new for bank 2 and the crankshaft sensor. I live on an island so i do not gamble around and return things I do not need.
Anyways, changed the sensor on bank 1 - no start. reset the codes and tired again: nope.
I checked the harness and connections and couldn't see any issues. GND, Power and phase where available so I couldn't see the issue. Just in case I reordered the sensor for Bank 1. wouldn't be the first time to get a faulty one.
In the meantime I changed bank2 and the crankshaft sensor to see if it makes any difference. And for sure it doesnt.
But I got it to start leaving bank 1 sensor unplugged, runs pretty rough but it runs, reconnected the sensor and cleared codes: no start. this time I left the sensor plugged in but not installed: engine starts: same roughness.
Got the 2nd new sensor and tried it: no start
I checked continuity from sensor phase (pin2) to the ecm (pin33) and no problems in that side.
So I started to look for possible causes but haha, try find something else then "Change CPS" when u type in P0340.

After all it doesn't really makes sense that it starts with bank 2 sensor working and bank 1 sensor either unplugged or plugged in but not installed.
Judged by the rough running and compared with experience of other people it, it shouldn't do that.
I am getting to the point of suspecting the timing is off and the sensor signal is so off timing that the ECM just doesn't know what to take for face value. it doesn't work the other way around thats why I am not convinced yet but I am running out of ideas and hope someone here has any exp with that issue or an other idea.

Its either, bad timing between both banks, faulty ECM or something I haven't thought about yet.

Thanks for your input in advance. My head is melting

Tags
p0340, sensor