Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2002 altima motor and trans swap. Forums > > 2002 altima motor and trans swap. 2002 altima motor and trans swap.
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 07-11-2019, 11:21 AM
2002 Altima Sedan

Default 2002 altima motor and trans swap.

I'm new to this and hope I'm not repeating something that's already in the forums.
I'm having trouble with a 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 swapped in a motor and trans from a 2006 Altima that was wrecked but drivable. I drove it home everything's working fine when I put it in the 2002 and then used the original computer and wiring harness from the 2002 the car starts and motor sounds good but now the transmission in drive will move the car but like it's low on fluid and slipping. The fluid level on the stick is a little high but we didn't add any fluid.
Any ideas what to look for . Thanks
Wanted to get the codes
Engine
P0750
P0755
P0745
Transmission
Shift solenoid /V A
Shift solenoid /V B
Line pressure S/V
Engine speed signal

Last edited by AltimaR02; 07-17-2019 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 05:31 AM
2002 Altima Sedan

Update on the 2.5 and transmission swap in a 2002 the engine is running fine everything sounds good. The transmission I keep coming up with po745 po750po7055 my transmission shop told me that if the axles codes not the same then I'll never be able to get the transmission to work with the 02 computer. The speed sensors will be sending the wrong information to the ECM
If you decide to swap an engine and transmission in a Altima 2002 2006 in them years take the VIN code and check with your Nissan dealer to make sure that they are the compatible engine and transmission swap.
The only option that I can find is to put my old transmission back into the car.
An option I'm thinking of trying is too rewire engine with the 06 engine harness computers and ignition key to see if I can get the car to run. It's a lot of wiring under the hood and the connections to the wiring harness going to inside the car is different I'm not sure what they go to? I'm in the process of checking that right now
Old 08-05-2019, 11:38 AM
2002 Altima Sedan

While trying to put the 06 wiring harness in the 02 car found two plugs not compatible with the harness attached to the car. The one plug wiring seems pretty straight forward just needs to change so the connectors match 2nd the connector on inside the car on the passenger side the brown plug is missing a brown wire on a 06 wiring but is in the white plug O2 wiring in a car. Really stuck on this one.

Tags
altima, motor, swap, trans