Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
P1564 please help Forums > > P1564 please help P1564 please help
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 03-29-2019, 04:27 PM
2002 Altima Sedan

Exclamation P1564 please help

i just purchased a used 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 S model. Getting p1564 ASCD Steering Switch code. After looking through countless forums, i looked to switch the switch at the brake pedal and to switch the cruise control buttons assembly. Unfortunately, when i went to look to switch the buttons, theyaren't there at all. i have a completely bare steering wheel with no controls. i'm thinking that this could be the reason for the code, as there could be an open connection causing it. but i opened the steering wheel, removing the two side bolts, and there are no wires to connect the switch if there was one, or any holes that it would screw into for support of the mounted cruise control. i'm totally lost. can't get a tag for my daughter until i clear this as well as two other codes. PLEASE HELP! is there another way to use cruise control on this vehicle that i do not know about? what do i do? anyone??? also have p0570 high idle, don't know if it's a vacuum leak or not. i've done the idle relearn already. also p0128 and plan to change the thermostats. any thoughts??? thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Perhaps someone installed a Body Control Module from an Altima with ASCD? That would be the only reason I could think of for getting that code without having ASCD. If you did have it, you should have the ASCD control switch on the right side of the steering wheel.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:29 AM
2002 Altima Sedan

thanks for replying. i did end up finding out what was wrong. all altimas except the base model, has cruise control as standard. but when i opened up the wheel and looked at the airbag, i saw that it only had the ground wire attached to the pin connector. with that being seen, i realized that someone changed the airbag assembly. also there was no cruise control switch on the steering wheel. went to the junk yard, got one off a junk car.. spliced the ground, and cleared the code, went away and hasn't returned. shop told me $1500. cost me $10 bucks.

Tags
p1564