Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
New to Nissans... P0715 Input Speed Sensor Forums > > New to Nissans... P0715 Input Speed Sensor New to Nissans... P0715 Input Speed Sensor
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 03-12-2019, 06:37 PM
2008 Altima Sedan

Default New to Nissans... P0715 Input Speed Sensor

So I am brand new to Nissans. I bought a 2008 Altima with Automatic trans. I got it to be my daughter's car eventually... she gets her permit this month. After having it several days, when leaving from a stop at a light, the car got no real power. Sort of lurched.. for lack of a better word. Was able to get it to a parking lot, restart, and it was fine. Did it a couple more times, always from either a stop of going really slow then picking back up speed. When I got it home, I had a p0715 code, for the input speed sensor.

Now, the question... I have seen a lot of info on 2005 Altimas and how to get to the output sensor, but before diving in, I want to make sure I am getting the right sensor located. I bought the sensor, just need some help locating it on the transmission. Some vids say I can get it from the wheel well, some say remove the starter and such. Any input/help would be much appreciated.

Steve

Tags
input, nissans, p0715, sensor, speed