Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
05 Altima front passenger power window won't go up intermittently Forums > > 05 Altima front passenger power window won't go up intermittently 05 Altima front passenger power window won't go up intermittently
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 03-03-2019, 03:33 PM
2005 Altima Sedan

Red face 05 Altima front passenger power window won't go up intermittently

Greetings and thanks in advance for any advice! The power window on the passenger side of my 05 Altima will not roll up using either the switch on passenger or on the driver's door. It has done this in the past and after a few days, we can usually get it to go back up (we then lock it so it can't be rolled back down...usually). Accidentally unlocked and rolled it down a bit with driver's door switch, then a little more with the passenger door switch, so it's about 1/3 open now but it will not go up using either switch. Afraid to roll it all the way down in hopes of "resetting" it and getting it to roll back up and then having it stuck fully open with Florida rain expected tomorrow. Would it be likely to cause a "reset" if I roll it all the way down? Any ideas on whether the issue would be the switch or the regulator? If both switches work to roll it down, why do neither work to raise it? I know, it's a lot of questions, but I'm clueless so gladly will accept any and all answers from anyone who has any ideas.
UPDATE: A car guy told me to put the window all the way down, slam the door very hard, then put it back up. It worked! He said the issue is the wiring, which is why the button worked to put it down, but not to raise it again. Good news, the window is up and locked to prevent it being rolled down again. The bad news, it's not fixed and the door slam method is not something I'm going to rely on in the future.

Last edited by MichelleSeijas; 03-11-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Tags
altima, front, passenger, power, window