Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2016 Altima Positive Charge Battery Fuse Block Forums > > 2016 Altima Positive Charge Battery Fuse Block 2016 Altima Positive Charge Battery Fuse Block
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 09-25-2018, 10:53 AM
2016 Altima Sedan
2014 Sentra

Cool 2016 Altima Positive Charge Battery Fuse Block

Hello!

I have been lurking on this forum forever and I have a question I hope someone out there can answer! I disconnected my battery earlier and discovered a fuse box attached to the positive terminal on the battery. I believe Nissan calls it the "Positive Charge Battery Fuse Block". Can anyone tell me exactly what the fuses in this block control on the vehicle? I have searched and so far the best answer I can find so far is that it controls "several electrical components" on the car. Typical broad spectrum Nissan answer! Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-27-2018, 06:37 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Technically, they are not "fuses," but "fusible links." Fusible links have been around for years; they used to be wires at the positive cable that would burn through if too much amperage passed to them on older Nissans and then they went to a plastic capsule with a window on top and were located in a fusible link box. Regardless of what type they are, on Nissans they are always at the positive battery cable connection or in a box close to the battery. Old GM cars used to run fusible link wires off of the positive post on the starter solenoid. Essentially, what you have been told is true. Each fusible link provides power (and circuit protection) to a number of fuses in the fuse block and each of those fuses provide power (and circuit protection) to one or more items. A large fusible link (typically 75A-100A) are used to provide circuit protection the the power feed at the back of the alternator. Unfortunately, I can't give you any more specific information as to what each fusible link at the battery cable end services without access to a power and ground wiring diagram for your specific vehicle. If you can locate a downloadable factory service manual online, go to the power and ground section and there should be a wiring diagram that shows those links and lists what circuits run off of them.

Tags
altima, battery, block, charge, fuse