Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
what the F*** Forums > > what the F*** what the F***
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 08-18-2018, 06:05 AM
2004 Altima Sedan

Default what the F***

I have an 04 Altima SE that wont start. The battery is resting at 12.5 when checked with a voltmeter, the alternator is less than a month old. I replaced the started in may or june of last year. When I turn the key, everything lights up, head lamps work, horn, radio everything so I have pretty much eliminated battery issues. When I go to crank it, I just get one metallic click as if the starter is trying to engage but just wont turn. I have read about a "brake switch" but it has been on cars with the push button start. I mention that because people spoke of not being able to push the brake pedal in and the car not starting. I have that same issue, however, I don't have push to start. Could this still be a problem? Thanks in advance.

Car has 216,XXX miles on it.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:25 AM
2015 Rogue

Sounds like a bad starter to me. You will have to test for power to the solenoid and starter motor to confirm. Also check the ground connection for the negative battery cable to the transmission case. Make sure it hasn't corroded off.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:42 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

What's the voltage as you are turning the key to "START?" Make sure your cable connections are tight on the battery. Otherwise, it also sounds like a bad starter to me. Just because something is "new," doesn't always mean that it's good. This is especially true if you are using aftermarket parts.