Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Codes 1273 1283 together Forums > > Codes 1273 1283 together Codes 1273 1283 together
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 04-15-2018, 09:41 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Default Codes 1273 1283 together

I am seeing these codes since I gutted the cats. Is there any way me cleaning out the cats is causing it to think it is running lean? SOmetimes i get one or the other, sometimes both. I have spacers under the rear O2's and havent got a cat ineffeciency code.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:52 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Default Anyone?

Any ideas? Maybe someone with headers ? Anyone seen these codes and firured out why? I have gone all over the intake with a can of carb cleaner looking for leaks. The car runs fine. Bank one long term fuel trim is 9 , bank 2 is 3. I would think it can ask for more fuel if it wants.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:18 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

I don't have much knowledge on gutting the cats on a 2005 Altima, however, I know on the VQ40DE engines used in the Nissan trucks, if you gut the cats, it will cause a lean condition that needs to be addressed by a custom ECM program to address the issue, like UPREV. That may be what is going on with your Altima.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:04 PM
2005 Altima Sedan

Thanks for your reply. I am still playing with this thing trying to determine what I will do to keep from seeing these two codes. I would expect to see my long term trim numbers much higher if it truly was a lean condition and longer injector pulse width was being used to richen it up. Basically at highway speed I see trims at 7 and 3 . I don't think that is unreasonable. I wish I had a way to ensure my fuel pressure is correct, but I havent bought the adapter to put in the fuel line yet. Another 50 I'll spend and use the tool once ! Oh well. The car runs very well, and I actually haven't got the codes since unhooking the battery overnight. Long term trims are coming back in, but so far no codes. I'm sure they will return. Another thing is once I clear the codes, they come back up pending, but won't put the light on during that trip. After shutdown and startup, the light comes on after warmup and steady driving.

Tags
1273, 1283, codes