Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2011 altima ac not working Forums > > 2011 altima ac not working 2011 altima ac not working
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 02-05-2018, 10:16 AM
2011 Altima Sedan

Default 2011 altima ac not working

I have a 2011 altima with ststic pressure in both ac lines of about 90 psi. The compressor clutch doesnt engage so I dont know what the pressures are with the compressor running. Air comes out of the vents but its not cold. Any ideas of what to check next
Old 02-05-2018, 11:26 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrene91 View Post
The compressor clutch doesnt engage so I dont know what the pressures are with the compressor running. Air comes out of the vents but its not cold.
If compressor clutch doesn't engage, its likely you have a leak and refrigerant is empty. You must have a A/C manifold gauge to do diagnostics. The specs are found in the A/C manual for your vehicle. Manuals are found in Knowledgebase section at the top menu bar.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:10 AM
2011 Altima Sedan

Thank you. I did use an ac manifold and static pressure on both sides was 90 psi. My next move is to troubleshoot the electrical aspects of the system. Just have to get the tools as I am not home
Old 02-06-2018, 11:42 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

The static test is not very accurate test. If system is undercharged and still has refrigerant it will show some pressure. Only if you have completely evacuate the system you will not show any pressure. If I were you I would get a UV flashlight. I got mine a 25 LED bulbs on amazon. Shine the light on a/c compressor, receiver dryer, condenser to find the leak. Refrigerant leak will show up as bright lime green. It could also be the compressor clutch.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:53 AM
2011 Altima Sedan

Thanks. I will do that.

Tags
altima, working