Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Anyone know how to decode Altmia ECM part numbers? Forums > > Anyone know how to decode Altmia ECM part numbers? Anyone know how to decode Altmia ECM part numbers?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-05-2018, 05:47 PM
Enthusiast
2005 Altima SE-R

Default Anyone know how to decode Altmia ECM part numbers?

This would be extremely good to know if/when your ECM dies suddenly.

For example my car is an 05 Altima SER, 5 speed auto, w/o trac control.

The number on the ecm is A56-X45 EE 94911

So what does A56 mean [Altima, trim, engine, year, transmission? ]

What does X45 mean?

Then EE, what does that mean?

Last 94911, what does that translate to, tune from the factory?

I've searched everywhere, and I can't seem to find anything that breaks it down. Does anyone know where to find this info, or worked at Nissan, and can find out for us?

Thanks. Might be a great sticky if we can get this info.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:24 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Those are manufacturer numbers from the company that makes the ECM, which to some extent are irrelevant because they have nothing to do with your trim, model or drivetrain since the ECM is programmable. It is the ECM part number, which tells which software program is installed on that particular ECM, that is relevant and needs to be read with a scan tool. It can also be reprogrammed to another software program, if needed.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:55 PM
Enthusiast
2005 Altima SE-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj999smj View Post
Those are manufacturer numbers from the company that makes the ECM, which to some extent are irrelevant because they have nothing to do with your trim, model or drivetrain since the ECM is programmable. It is the ECM part number, which tells which software program is installed on that particular ECM, that is relevant and needs to be read with a scan tool. It can also be reprogrammed to another software program, if needed.
Ok. I've figured out my problem, and have a good, used replacement ecm.

However the matching key, immobilizer, ignition switch that came with the used ecm only has the valet key, which won't reset the NATS. You need your master key to reset the NATS. [the shop manual said you needed a registered key to reset the NATS so I'm assuming its the master as I'm still getting a code for the NATS being active after trying the reset several times.

This is a problem since the NATS security has the engine injectors shut down.

Here is my dilemma. Can Nissan reprogram my master key to work with the new ecm, and hopefully make me a spare master?

Also, it needs to work with my old key fob which unlocks the doors [even with new/used ecm, the old key fob still unlocks the doors].

Also, does this used ecm even need a reprogram? It came from a SER Altima just like mine with the same options. The only difference is the last two serial numbers are different on the ecms.

The only thing we could figure, on another forum, was that either the donor SER had side airbags, or the different numbers might have meant a firmware revision.

Last edited by M-train; 03-11-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:57 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Nissan can initialize your original vehicle's key to work with the used ECM, but you have to have the used ECM installed in the vehicle at the dealer. The key fobs aren't an issue. As far as whether the software program on the used ECM is the correct one for your specific vehicle, I can't tell you. Once installed, the dealer can check the part number of the ECM and see if it's correct for your specific vehicle and, if not, reprogram it as needed. There are usually several ECM programs for a given vehicle, and reasons for the specific program can include whether it's Federal or California emissions certified, type of transmission and even tire size, to name just a few examples. Sometimes they will develop new software programs to fix certain problems with the original software, as well. You will also need to do several relearns, for example, the idle air volume.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Enthusiast
2005 Altima SE-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj999smj View Post
Nissan can initialize your original vehicle's key to work with the used ECM, but you have to have the used ECM installed in the vehicle at the dealer. The key fobs aren't an issue. As far as whether the software program on the used ECM is the correct one for your specific vehicle, I can't tell you. Once installed, the dealer can check the part number of the ECM and see if it's correct for your specific vehicle and, if not, reprogram it as needed. There are usually several ECM programs for a given vehicle, and reasons for the specific program can include whether it's Federal or California emissions certified, type of transmission and even tire size, to name just a few examples. Sometimes they will develop new software programs to fix certain problems with the original software, as well. You will also need to do several relearns, for example, the idle air volume.
Ok, thanks for the heads up.

I'll just ask them to do a reprogram, and use my existing master key, and make another.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:26 PM
Enthusiast
2005 Altima SE-R

For the update, even though the ecm numbers were different, they were able to reprogram the new/used ecm to match my original ignition key.

However the flip side is that with trying to start the car so many times the timing has jumped [60 psi, 60psi, and 120 psi on the front three cylinders down from 215 psi].

So now I will be having to take this crap apart AGAIN. Fun times, I wish I hadn't gave up drinking all of those years ago.

Tags
altmia, decode, ecm, numbers, part