Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
05 altima doesn't turn over Forums > > 05 altima doesn't turn over 05 altima doesn't turn over
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 12-19-2017, 11:51 AM
2003 Altima Sedan

Default 05 altima doesn't turn over

I did an engine swap and disconnected the battery before anything else. The used engine came with the entire harness but I opted to use the original because I didn't want to pull the glove box apart to disconnect / reconnect everything.
Now that its all back together I tried to crank it up but it doesn't turn over. I checked the manual for the security lock out and it says key on 5 seconds then off to the lock position twice but it still doesn't crank. The book doesn't say if it wont crank over if its locked out or if it will crank but won't start.
I checked and theres no power going to the small wire at the starter and its in park and battery's charged. Last time I tried it the key wont turn back into the lock position??
Any ideas would be helpful and much appreciated Thanks.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:29 AM
2003 Altima Sedan

Found my problem. I thought it was odd all my warning lights on the dash worked until I tried to crank it over then they would fade out.
I had good headlights and everything until I tried to crank it over so I thought maybe a weak battery but that made no sense because the lights were bright as ever after I released the key.
I tried to jump the starter over but barely got a spark. Needless to say by now I was getting pretty ticked up until I took a jumper cable and ran a second ground from the battery to the motor. VROOOOMMMMM and its running. I finally found the only thing holding the ground cable end on was a small piece of the insulation and half way down the wire was a separate body ground.
I made a new ground wire to the block and problem solved YEA.

Tags
altima, turn